Camino Window Menu not display Website names

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

tonguetiedfred

Camino Window Menu not display Website names

Post by tonguetiedfred »

Am I the only one experiencing an issue where the Camino Window menu is not showing the names of the websites that are open? I can have from 1 to ??? open and all I see is a little diamond with three dots.

Sorta like this but with the diamond filled out ◊ …
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Re: Camino Window Menu not display Website names

Post by cflawson »

Does it matter what sites you have open? Say, for example, what shows up there when you have this page open?

cl
thom-22

Post by thom-22 »

tonguetiedfred wrote:Am I the only one experiencing an issue where the Camino Window menu is not showing the names of the websites that are open?

Are the websites open in separate windows? The Window menu will not show the names of all websites open in a multi-tab window.

tonguetiedfred wrote:I can have from 1 to ??? open and all I see is a little diamond with three dots.
Sorta like this but with the diamond filled out ◊ …

The diamond indicates that the window is minimized. If you select it from the Window menu, it should un-minimize and come to the front, and then the diamond should be replaced by a checkmark next to that item in the Window menu. Try that and see what happens, what website is showing in the window?
iMac Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06 GHz, 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6.8 | Lisa's Applescripts for Camino
tonguetiedfred

Post by tonguetiedfred »

So far no site that I open shows any kind of name.

The windows are all separated, not tabs. When I make a windows active the diamonds do disappear and the there is a checkmark for the window in front, however the name of the website is still represented by the three dots...

By the way this is running Camino 2.1 on Lion 10.7.2 which I should have mentioned in my first post.

Thanks.
thom-22

Post by thom-22 »

Do you have Camino set to re-open pages from your previous session? IOW, in Camino > Preferences > General, do you have the "Load the pages that were open before quitting" setting checked?
iMac Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06 GHz, 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6.8 | Lisa's Applescripts for Camino
tonguetiedfred

Post by tonguetiedfred »

thom-22 wrote:Do you have Camino set to re-open pages from your previous session? IOW, in Camino > Preferences > General, do you have the "Load the pages that were open before quitting" setting checked?

No I don't... I don't have a home page set so that when a fresh session is started it just goes to a blank page.
thom-22

Post by thom-22 »

Okay, I was working under the theory that you had some window (small or mostly offscreen) whose title was messing up the menu list. But if you start fresh each time...

Have you tried just redownloading/reinstalling Camino?

If that doesn't fix it, could you try relaunching with a fresh profile? To do that, first quit Camino and move your profile folder, which is at ~/Library/Application Support/Camino, to the desktop. Launch Camino (you won't have your bookmarks, but this is just a diagnostic step) and tell us if you see the same problem with the Window menu.

(Note to Uncle Asad, cl or philippe -- is there an alt link to Troubleshoot Camino while PMC is down?)
Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Post by Uncle Asad »

thom-22 wrote:(Note to Uncle Asad, cl or philippe -- is there an alt link to Troubleshoot Camino while PMC is down?)

First item on this page.

Edit: I've also updated the link in my signature to point to TC's forum thread here, while we continue to suffer through the PMC breakage :(
Mac OS X 10.3.9 • PowerBook G4 17" 1.33 GHz | Mac OS X 10.5.x • MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz
Snow7's Camino Forum FAQSearch the Forum  Camino. HelpTroubleshoot Camino