Downloads/addons thread for Camino

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

Samuel Sidler
Camino Developer

Post by Samuel Sidler »

I'd like to again emphasize that we're willing to host the extras so if you're able to find a copy, we'll provide the hosting (as long as the author agrees).
Echidnae

Post by Echidnae »

davedit wrote:And regarding Camino Gel, it's weird cuz I was able to download it fine last night. He had 3 mirrors up, but now he only has one it seems: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/13925546/

I'm still getting a 404 on the link to download it on that page.

I updated my first post with the icon themes that I'm aware of.
Echidnae

Post by Echidnae »

Added the custom appicons too.

samuelsidler wrote:I'd like to again emphasize that we're willing to host the extras so if you're able to find a copy, we'll provide the hosting (as long as the author agrees).

Are you implying that someone should contact the authors of all the things listed here?
Samuel Sidler
Camino Developer

Post by Samuel Sidler »

At some point. I was going to when we were getting ready to put the site up but if someone else is willing. To host their downloads we need approval from the creators unless their download was released as open source or something similar.
Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Post by Uncle Asad »

There are also some Camino things at ResExcellence, but I don't know if any of them work with recent versions of Camino....

http://www.resexcellence.com/camino.shtml
Mac OS X 10.3.9 • PowerBook G4 17" 1.33 GHz | Mac OS X 10.5.x • MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz
Snow7's Camino Forum FAQSearch the Forum  Camino. HelpTroubleshoot Camino
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Post by cflawson »

I'll put in support for CaminoKnight -- I love that thing, even though I'm not using official nightlies (much) any more.

The optimised builds would be nice, too, or at least a mention that they're out there, if not a direct link.

cl
Echidnae

Post by Echidnae »

Uncle Asad wrote:There are also some Camino things at ResExcellence, but I don't know if any of them work with recent versions of Camino....

http://www.resexcellence.com/camino.shtml

A lot of those seem to be just splash screens. There are a couple of themes there, but I'm not going to put them up unless someone wants me to specifically. If anyone sees one that's usable with the current version of Camino, let me know and I'll put it up.
Echidnae

Post by Echidnae »

I've added the last 3 new icon sets davedit put together.
Old davedit

Post by Old davedit »

Echidnae: Two new icon sets added: Sno Navigator and Ginkagami.

I'm not entirely sure how permissions work for these icon sets. For the most part, I haven't gotten the permission of the original creators to release these icon sets (seeing as how most of them are Japanese, and my Japanese is not the greatest). Then again, anyone can download these themes and do what I'm doing. Since I'm not claiming any credit, is it okay?
Echidnae

Post by Echidnae »

Beat you by 3 minutes :P

davedit wrote:I'm not entirely sure how permissions work for these icon sets. For the most part, I haven't gotten the permission of the original creators to release these icon sets (seeing as how most of them are Japanese, and my Japanese is not the greatest). Then again, anyone can download these themes and do what I'm doing. Since I'm not claiming any credit, is it okay?

Hmm...well, my guess is that since they released the artwork for people to use, and they were not commercial, it wouldn't be a problem. And seeing as they're being used for their original purpose (although different browser), I don't think it would be a big deal. I don't see why anyone would object to us using their icons either. I'm sure artists would be happy to know that people are enjoying the icons they made. And you are giving them credit...

But still, if possible, contacting the creators wouldn't be a bad idea, just to let them know we're enjoying their icons.
Old davedit

Post by Old davedit »

Hmm, maybe I'll do that...

In the meantime, 2 new themes up, BlueFire and Greenfire
Echidnae

Post by Echidnae »

Updated. Thanks.
Old davedit

Post by Old davedit »

3 new icon sets up: Aqua Taste, Metal Taste, and Marshmallow Style.

Just a side note, the credits you put for Skystone are a little off. It's actually (Credits: mo @ Summer Wind, Reinhold Penner, Camino Team)
Echidnae

Post by Echidnae »

Updated and fixed the credits.
Echidnae

Post by Echidnae »

I added CamiFlash and took out the other ways to block flash, as they are not necessary now that CamiFlash is available.