Camino 2.1.1 released!

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Camino 2.1.1 released!

Post by Uncle Asad »

Camino 2.1.1, a security and stability update for Camino 2.1.x, is now available. All Camino users on Mac OS X 10.4 and higher should update to this version.

Release Notes
• If you have Camino 1.6.x or later and have not disabled auto-updates, Camino will automatically notify you (and download/install, depending on your preferences) the new version.
• Download: English-only and Multilingual

The Multilingual version restores Chinese (Simplified), Norwegian (Bokmål), and Spanish (Castellano) to the list of supported languages.

If you'd like to help restore German (or any of the other languages that were present in 2.0.x), please visit the Camino Localization Community website, sign up, and post to the mailing list.

Enjoy!
Mac OS X 10.3.9 • PowerBook G4 17" 1.33 GHz | Mac OS X 10.5.x • MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz
Snow7's Camino Forum FAQSearch the Forum  Camino. HelpTroubleshoot Camino
jwthomas

Re: Camino 2.1.1 released!

Post by jwthomas »

Thanks again to Uncle Asad and the dedicated Camino developer team. I keep trying to use those "advanced" browsers like Firefox, Chrome and Safari; but I keep coming back again and again to Camino as my default browser. It's fast, light, simple and beautiful :D
-John Thomas
gapito

Post by gapito »

Thank you, guys!!

Spanish returns ;)
eMate

Post by eMate »

Thanks for this release.
I hope future becomes a little clearer and you'll soon tell us about it ;)
HenriHudson

Post by HenriHudson »

Thanks for this (and for fixing the annoying "not showing suggestions if url line is hidden" bug). :)
gsargent51

Post by gsargent51 »

Okay I seem to be having a problem with the new 2.1.1 release. Ever since I downloaded it, it is taking a very long time to access most all web pages I go to. Most of the time, it just keeps searching, but some times times out. I never had this problem before. I have been a Camino user for years and have loved it until now! Now I am getting very frustrated! I have an eMac 1Ghz PowerPC G4 with 78 MB SDram running OS X 10.5.8. Any recommendations as to what I need to do?
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Post by cflawson »

It sounds like you might be falling victim to a bug in your router's firmware and DNS prefetch. You should probably try turning off DNS prefetch

http://caminobrowser.org/documentation/ ... NSPrefetch

and see if that helps.

cl
gsargent51

Post by gsargent51 »

cflawson wrote:It sounds like you might be falling victim to a bug in your router's firmware and DNS prefetch. You should probably try turning off DNS prefetch

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://caminobrowser.org/documentation/hiddenprefs/#ControlDNSPrefetch">http://caminobrowser.org/documentation/ ... NSPrefetch</a><!-- m -->

and see if that helps.

cl
Thanks CL, I will give this a try.

Follow-up: did this and it seem to have helped a lot so far. Set it from false to true and it seems to work a lot better now. Thanks!