Camino not displaying site properly

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

andykm

Camino not displaying site properly

Post by andykm »

The family history website http://www.royblackmore.co.uk has a list of "buttons" down the left hand side which link to different parts of the family. In Camino they are blank but in Safari they have a family name in them. Is this a defect in Camino or the website? I am using Camino 2.1.1 and OSX 10.6.8 and the latest Java update.

Thanks by the way to all the developers for all their hard work on Camino; it is still my favourite browser.

Andy
RPMozley

Re: Camino not displaying site properly

Post by RPMozley »

Umm... Just to check, have you enabled Java in the Preferences (under "Web Features")?
My build thread - Camino Builds - http://www.rpm-mozilla.org.uk
MacBook 13" 2.4GHz: OSX 10.6.8
iBook G3 Indigo 366MHz, PowerBook G3 333MHz: OSX 10.3.9
andykm

Post by andykm »

Thanks for that tip - Java wasn't enabled, but enabling it now means that none of the buttons are visible!

Andy
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Post by cflawson »

It loads up fine on my system, but it takes FOREVER. How long did you give it? (Someone ought to tell that webmaster, though, that he could all of that in CSS and have it work much faster and better. Using Java for rollovers is so 2001.)

cl
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

andykm wrote:Thanks for that tip - Java wasn't enabled, but enabling it now means that none of the buttons are visible!

Assuming you have the latest Java update for 10.6, it is broken for Camino. You have to install the Java Embed Plugin, as explained on this page.
andykm

Post by andykm »

Thanks phiw13, I installed the Java Embed Plugin and the site loads properly now (though it is slower to load than with Safari).

Andy