Deleting Bookmark Collection

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

krimberg

Deleting Bookmark Collection

Post by krimberg »

Hi All,

I'd like to delete the Address Book Collection from my list of bookmark collections. No "Delete" option shows in the action or shortcut menus, and clicking the delete button after highlighting the collection does nothing. How can I get rid of this collection? I'm running Camino 2.1.1 on Mac OS 10.6.8.

Thank you,

Russ
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Re: Deleting Bookmark Collection

Post by cflawson »

You can't; it's automatically generated by Camino from the various cards in your Address Book that have URLs in them.

cl
krimberg

Post by krimberg »

That's what I suspected, but why are URLs I deleted from Address Book months ago still showing up in Camino? How often does Camino refresh the data?
krimberg

Post by krimberg »

I've deleted the cards from Address Book, which has removed the URLs from Camino, but am still surprised Camino "saw" the URLs in Address Book months after I deleted them.... Oh well, problem solved, kinda. Thanks for the quick response!
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

krimberg wrote:That's what I suspected, but why are URLs I deleted from Address Book months ago still showing up in Camino? How often does Camino refresh the data?

That is weird. I ran a quick test (deleting the url from one of my Address Book cards) and the list immediately refreshed - live! Tested on 10.7.3 and 10.6.8.