All Bookmark folders open when saving

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

mansky

All Bookmark folders open when saving

Post by mansky »

I'm using Camino 2.1.2 on Tiger (10.4.11) and when I go to save any bookmark, the dropdown menu shows all my bookmark folders (by default) open, making it very hard to navigate to the subfolder I want (it's a long list)

Is there a Preference, or option in Camino where I can have all bookmark folders (by default) CLOSED and only open them when I click on them. This seems to be the default on Firefox. How can I get Camino to do the same for saving bookmarks!

Thanks!

Ed
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Re: All Bookmark folders open when saving

Post by cflawson »

mansky

Post by mansky »

Thanks, that explains it.
cflawson

Post by cflawson »

In the interim, the best solution is not to have quite so many bookmark folders (or a larger monitor) ;)

cl
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

Workaround: set focus on the dropdown (click on it, or tab to it), then type a few (first) letters from the name of the folder you want to select; that folder will then be selected (that avoids mucho scrolling…).
rcsote

How to save site to a particular folder

Post by rcsote »

Is there a way in Camino to drag a site and hover over a folder in the bookmarks bar and have the folder open so the site can be placed in a particular folder.

I know the folder can be clicked on to open but if you try and select the site address to drag it to the folder the folder closes.

Also know that the site can be saved by clicking the + and the tabbing to spell the folder name. Problem is lots of folders in folders……….. and can't always remember the correct spelling for different folders.

Any help/ideas appreciated
cflawson

Post by cflawson »

No, you can't access subfolders in the bookmarks bar from anywhere other than the Bookmark Manager.

cl