how to export bookmarks from Camino to Firefox?

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

dmully

how to export bookmarks from Camino to Firefox?

Post by dmully »

Now that I just joined icloud, I find that it doesn't work on Camino (how strange) but it does work on Firefox, Safari and IE. I am using an imac and I want to switch to using Firefox. I want to export all my bookmarks from Camino and import them into Firefox. I can't seem to figure out how to do that.
phiw13

Re: how to export bookmarks from Camino to Firefox?

Post by phiw13 »

From the File menu, 'Export Bookmarks'. You can then import the resulting file into Safari (File Menu, Import Bookmarks) or Firefox (no clue how to that nowadays) or any other browser.
dmully

Post by dmully »

Thank You! I can't believe I did not see that - it now seems so obvious.
dmully

Post by dmully »

PS Of course it is not obvious as to how to import the bookmarks to Firefox. Onto another forum unless someone else knows?????
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

dmully wrote:PS Of course it is not obvious as to how to import the bookmarks to Firefox.

From memory (but it has been a quite a while since I tried it), you have to open the bookmark manager, then you can find an 'Import Bookmarks' menu item (from the File Menu, perhaps, or Bookmarks menu ?)
The Firefox forum would be a good place to ask - let us know how it went. Last time I tested, Camino bookmarks did import correctly into Firefox's bookmark manager, special characters, unusual urls etc.
jwthomas

Post by jwthomas »

dmully wrote:Now that I just joined icloud, I find that it doesn't work on Camino (how strange) but it does work on Firefox, Safari and IE. I am using an imac and I want to switch to using Firefox. I want to export all my bookmarks from Camino and import them into Firefox. I can't seem to figure out how to do that.

Here's how I do it. From Camino File choose Export and choose Desktop from the resulting Menu to deposit an HTML file there.

From Firefox go to Bookmarks and from the pull down menu choose Organize Bookmarks.

From the top rightmost pull down file choose Import HTML. From the resulting choices offered choose Desktop and click on the HTML file image there.
-John Thomas
dmully

Post by dmully »

THANK YOU!!!