Mouse and Trackpad Issues in Flash Gaming

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

musikmann04

Mouse and Trackpad Issues in Flash Gaming

Post by musikmann04 »

So here is my issue: I like to play online games such as armor games and the like, but Camino is giving me trouble with using the mouse within a flash window. If I click someplace inside the window, the flash registers that the mouse has moved and it reacts. However, it does not recognize movement if I don't click. This means that if I'm trying to play a first person shooter, I can't move the crosshairs without clicking the spot on the screen that I want the mouse to move to. It gets in the way of gameplay, and in many cases actually prevents me from playing a game that looks interesting. Help? :/
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Re: Mouse and Trackpad Issues in Flash Gaming

Post by cflawson »

This is probably due to various bugs in the latest versions of Flash. Does Flash 10.x exhibit the same issues?

cl
musikmann04

Re: Mouse and Trackpad Issues in Flash Gaming

Post by musikmann04 »

It's been like this for quite a while, several months, and I didn't update to the newest version of flash until recently. I'll try downloading a different version. Which would you suggest? Or will I just have to wait for the big to be worked out?

UPDATE: The trackpad works in other web browsers, namely safari, perfectly, but only Mozilla based-browsers, like Firefox and Camino, seem to be giving me an issue. Could this have something to do with it?