Facebook won't load

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

idmarryjenny

Facebook won't load

Post by idmarryjenny »

I have tried various recent version of Camino. (Including the two most recent full versions, and the most recent nightly) But my problem with Facebook persists. Essentially what is happening is when I login to FB it only shows me the header and the two thin lines that run down the page to separate "framed" center part. No content loads, ie no newsfeed, ads or even chat area at the bottom.

I should note, up until this week I thought perhaps this was due to my computer's failing hard drive, however, I have had the hard drive replace and the problem persists.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or do you have any suggestions of anything I might not have tried to correct the problem?
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Re: Facebook won't load

Post by cflawson »

What version of Camino are you using? Is it the same version you used to post the question above?

cl
idmarryjenny

Post by idmarryjenny »

yeah, any clue why it says I'm using firefox?? (I'm using safari now.)
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Post by cflawson »

Well, spoofing your user-agent as something that you aren't -- if you did indeed use Camino to post the question above -- is a pretty good way to make sure that sites don't serve up content that will work properly with the browser you're actually using.

Are you using UserAgent, or might you have changed Camino's user-agent string via about:config manually?

cl
idmarryjenny

Post by idmarryjenny »

Somebody did something to make Google+ work on my computer but I'm not sure what they did. I didn't even think of that until now, maybe that's the issue. I can have him reverse the change.