Adobe Reader

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

omaandopa

Adobe Reader

Post by omaandopa »

Hi

I've used Camino for several years as it really suited me, however I've had to change over to Safari which I don't particularly like>

I receive several overseas newspapers which when I click on their link open the newspaper with Adobe Reader, however for the last 3 or 4 weeks or so when I click on that link and all I get is a blank Camino page were as before Camino would open Adobe reader.

I wonder if anyone can help me please?

Kind Regards.

Adrian Vogel.
RPMozley

Re: Adobe Reader

Post by RPMozley »

Hello Adrian.

Please see this thread for details and also a fix for the problem. http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2459753
My build thread - Camino Builds - http://www.rpm-mozilla.org.uk
MacBook 13" 2.4GHz: OSX 10.6.8
iBook G3 Indigo 366MHz, PowerBook G3 333MHz: OSX 10.3.9
omaandopa

Post by omaandopa »

Hi,

I've tried all the suggestions and advice and have had no luck as I still get the blank Camino Page, I'm 80 years of age and just can't be bothered looking for solutions.

I'd just like to conclude by pointing out that up to 3 weeks ago Camino was opening Adobe Reader just fine, then someone must have tried to fix something that didn't need fixing and made a mess of it so until Camino can open Adobe Reader without deleting this and installing that I will just use another Browser.

But I'd like to thank you for trying anyway.

Kind Regards.

Adrian Vogel.
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

omaandopa wrote:I'd just like to conclude by pointing out that up to 3 weeks ago Camino was opening Adobe Reader just fine, then someone must have tried to fix something that didn't need fixing and made a mess of it…

Yes, Adobe updated Reader with a new plugin. Said plugin barely works with Safari and makes a mess with all other browsers.

A very simple solution: in the Finder, navigate to /Library/Internet Plugins (that is the Library folder at the root of your hard disk, and delete the Adobe Reader plugin. restart Camino and you should be good to go.

The upcoming Camino 2.1.3 will block that plugin anyway.

(80 years of age is still young ! :-) )