Missing "Go" button in subject line

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

jack d

Missing "Go" button in subject line

Post by jack d »

Running a Mac G-4/1.25hz with OS 10.4.11 AND OS 9.2.2 (dual-boot processor). Very happy with Camino 2.1.2 except for not being able to type URLs into the Camino subject bar; there is no "go" button visible so Camino forces me to use the search line which doesn't always accept URLs. Need info on modifying Camino for this.

I'm using Camino as my default search browser and it would be handy if I could get Camino to show Google's Advanced Search; the single-shot choice Google presents as search-default isn't always successful. Thanks.
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Re: Missing "Go" button in subject line

Post by cflawson »

What's wrong with hitting the Enter or Return key when you're done?

cl
jack d

Post by jack d »

Touching 'enter' works; return does not. Thanks for the suggestion anyway. And since there was no suggestion for restoring Google Advanced Search, I found that selecting 'google' from Camino's toolbar, then running one forced general search, the 'advanced' choice shows up for the second go-round. Kind of a slow roundabout way of working but better than nothing. Maybe in Camino 2.1.3....
haleakalari

Post by haleakalari »

brother, i think you are mistakenly conflating the browser itself (camino), with the content it retrieves and displays.
the bemonstering of your ganache awaits!
peterpqa

Post by peterpqa »

Jack - In Camino preferences, General tab, I set my home page to be Google Advanced Search (http://www.google.com/advanced_search), and I unchecked both of the "Load home page when:" boxes. So I can always bring up Google Advanced Search simply by pressing Shift+Command+H. You could also bookmark the Google Advanced Search page, and move that bookmark up to the top of your bookmarks list. If you don't want your home page to be Google Advanced Search, you could add a shortcut to your Google Advanced Search bookmark (yet another great Camino feature!) - mabye "gas" - so you could just type "gas" + Return in the location bar to go to Google Advanced Search. Salud. -P-