No plug-in is installed for this content. Learn more.

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

QuentinHaslam

No plug-in is installed for this content. Learn more.

Post by QuentinHaslam »

Hi

When I try to upload jpg images at Photobox, I am getting the above message instead of the browser screen opening so I can select the images.

I do have the latest Adobe flash player (9 I think)

I know that I cannot use later Adobe versions with OSX 10.4.11

Although I am having other difficulties, I do not get this message with Safari or Firefox.

Can anyone advise, please?
Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Re: No plug-in is installed for this content. Learn more.

Post by Uncle Asad »

The latest Flash version for PPC Macs is 10.1.102.64; Camino 2.1.x will prevent any version older than that from loading (to protect you from some in-the-wild Flash exploits). In addition, since Flash 10.1.102.64 is still vulnerable to other in-the-wild Flash exploits that were never fixed in Flash 10.1, Camino 2.1.x has enabled the "Block Flash animations" preference in order to allow you to choose to show only "trusted" Flash animations, thereby mitigating some of the risks of using an older Flash version.

You will need to make sure that you have Flash 10.1.102.64 installed, and then add either click on the "blocked Flash placeholder" on the site you want to use, or add an exception for that site to allow its Flash to load automatically. See this article in our wiki, and the help documentation it links to, for more details.
Mac OS X 10.3.9 • PowerBook G4 17" 1.33 GHz | Mac OS X 10.5.x • MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz
Snow7's Camino Forum FAQSearch the Forum  Camino. HelpTroubleshoot Camino
QuentinHaslam

Post by QuentinHaslam »

Uncle Asad

Thanks. That is very helpful. I have actuallly got Adobe 10.1.102.64 on my Mac.

At the site, I could not find a blocked flash placeholder to control click on, only the learn more prompt - there is no f symbol in a box.

I went to Camino preferences. I had to check the block flash animations box, so that the edit flash exceptions list was no longer greyed out. I then added the site (http://www.photobox.co.uk).

I re-opened the page but I am getting the same message denying access.

I went to Camino preferences again to re-enter the name in the exceptions list with http etc, but this time the add button is greyed out so I can't do it.

Thanks for your help but I have not resolved it yet.

Is there anything further you can suggest?

Thanks again
RPMozley

Post by RPMozley »

You'll need to add "photobox.com" rather than co.uk
My build thread - Camino Builds - http://www.rpm-mozilla.org.uk
MacBook 13" 2.4GHz: OSX 10.6.8
iBook G3 Indigo 366MHz, PowerBook G3 333MHz: OSX 10.3.9
QuentinHaslam

Post by QuentinHaslam »

Thanks for the reply

I have tried entering photobox.co.uk and photobox.com. Neither work

I don't know the reason I was unable to unblock the disabling of the Adobe flash player and it seems that I cannot now use either Camino or Firefox for this uploading. I don't like to have to rely only on Safari.