Error «ssl_error_ssl_disabled»

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

annalinda

Error «ssl_error_ssl_disabled»

Post by annalinda »

I cannot open https-sites with camino 2.1.2, the newest version that runs on my PPC Macintosh. There is an error message with the error «ssl_error_ssl_disabled»

Where can I enable SSL? Some one wrote in the internet to turn all security.ssl.* entries on about:config to false, but it did not help. Safari works with SSL, but I does not like Safari that uses to much memory on my old PPC. Any ideas?
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Re: Error «ssl_error_ssl_disabled»

Post by cflawson »

Well, I'd say

Some one wrote in the internet to turn all security.ssl.* entries on about:config to false

is very likely your problem. Setting all those entries to false is very likely to completely disable SSL :-p

Specifically, I'd make sure that security.enable_ssl3 is set to true.

Alternatively, if you're tired of messing around with it, you can just quit Camino, throw out prefs.js and user.js (if it exists) from your ~/Library/Application Support/Camino/ folder and re-launch Camino. If *that* doesn't fix it -- you'll have to re-set whatever other prefs you like if you choose this method -- please definitely do let us know.

cl
Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Re: Error «ssl_error_ssl_disabled»

Post by Uncle Asad »

cflawson wrote:you can just quit Camino, throw out prefs.js and user.js (if it exists) from your ~/Library/Application Support/Camino/ folder and re-launch Camino.

I'd recommend doing this. If you try to reset all the security.ssl.* prefs manually, there's a high risk of turning back on obsolete and insecure ciphers.

As cflawson noted, after trashing the prefs.js/user.js files, you'll have to set all of your preferences again, but that should be fairly simple in comparison to getting all the SSL defaults correct manually.
Mac OS X 10.3.9 • PowerBook G4 17" 1.33 GHz | Mac OS X 10.5.x • MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz
Snow7's Camino Forum FAQSearch the Forum  Camino. HelpTroubleshoot Camino