UI Behaviour

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

therealrealgeeves

UI Behaviour

Post by therealrealgeeves »

Hey All,

I've tried out Safari 6 on Mountain Lion and find the UI behaviour all messed up.

Issues with Safari UI as of now:
1. One click selects entire URL
2. Select domain part of URL, the mem then contains http://, obvious only once paste used.
Therefore, more clicks to do basic stuff, like correct a URL, copy a part of a domain.

What I have noticed is that Camino uses a single click to position the cursor, and a double click to select all domain, triple click to select entire URL field.
This behaviour by Camino is perfect, logical and most usable of all browsers on the market. I mean all browsers, I've tried them all...

When Camino moves to 3.0 and Webkit, will this behaviour change?
I am asking because the changes in Safari (having used it for a while) have been dramatically annoying, and hence I am back to using Camino again - and pleased.

OK, thanks for that, love the news about Camino 3.0 btw, I had thought all was lost with the Gecko mess.
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Re: UI Behaviour

Post by cflawson »

I don't see any reason that behaviour would need to change (and I'd personally be opposed to changing it). The move to WebKit would largely affect only what's in the browser window itself -- the actual Web page -- rather than the associated UI.

cl