Keychain and camino problems

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

Gbarnes12

Keychain and camino problems

Post by Gbarnes12 »

I am currently giving Camino a try out after becoming tired of Safari, so I am new to this forum. I have searched for a previous topic and answer that would help me and have found nothing so far, if there is please accept my apologies. I have the preferences set so that Camino uses my saved Keychain entries, however many websites that I visit requiring a saved password Camino does not open the keychains nor does it do any kind of auto-entry. I don't have this problem with the same sites using Safari or FF. I would appreciate any helpful advice.
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Re: Keychain and camino problems

Post by cflawson »

Well, the fact that your user-agent string is showing up the way it is tells me that you're using something like Little Snitch, which could well be blocking this sort of thing from working.

Barring that, can you provide an example of a site where a saved login isn't working in Camino?

cl
Gbarnes12

Post by Gbarnes12 »

Thank you for the reply. However, I don't know what "Little Snitch" is nor what it does, and I am not aware of what the user agent string is and what it does. Sorry for the ignorance, but that type of technical stuff is above my head.
jwthomas

Post by jwthomas »

Keychain works swiftly and efficiently for me on Camino *except* for some banking and credit card sites. I assume these sites have some form of extra protection against auto form filling that baffles Camino. Like the OP I have no problem with this on Safari as well as OmniWeb and Firefox.
-John Thomas
Gbarnes12

Post by Gbarnes12 »

jwthomas : those are exactly the types of sites that I am having problems with currently. Several of the other sites that I frequent, I went and signed in manually under Camino and from then on it has logged in using the saved keychain entry made under it. However, some of the financial type sites are still giving me problems. BTW, is OmniWeb another browser? If so do you recommend it?

Thanks
Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Post by Uncle Asad »

Since you say these sites work in other browsers, I assume it's not related to the banking sites specifying that password autofill is not allowed on their forms (but if that is the case, you can have Camino override this by setting the "wallet.crypto.autocompleteoverride" hidden preference to true).

However, without any specific examples like cflawson asked for, there's no way we can investigate to see if we can figure out what the problem might be.
Mac OS X 10.3.9 • PowerBook G4 17" 1.33 GHz | Mac OS X 10.5.x • MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz
Snow7's Camino Forum FAQSearch the Forum  Camino. HelpTroubleshoot Camino
jwthomas

Post by jwthomas »

Gbarnes12 wrote:jwthomas : BTW, is OmniWeb another browser? If so do you recommend it?

Depends on what you want in a browser. Both are veteran Mac only browsers. Like Camino, OmniWeb has no extensions and is therefore faster to boot up and load pages than the extension capable browsers. OmniWeb does still have 1Password capability; both browsers have built in ad blocking, pop up blocking, flash blocking and more. OmniWeb has the ability to personalize individual web sites, a big plus in my opinion. But it's also true that Camino's ability to adjust font and page sizes quickly makes it competitive in that area. I'd suggest you simply try both and see what best meets your needs. Personally, I keep both handy and use one or the other mostly on whim. I've pretty much had it with all the "major" browsers. Unfortunately it's likely that neither Camino nor OmniWeb will survive for much longer in the current browser development climate. So enjoy them while you can.
-John Thomas