Question about strange rendering

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

TGV

Question about strange rendering

Post by TGV »

Hi,

I'm a happy user of Camino since a long, long time. Recently, Camino started making weird errors in the rendering of certain pages. It seems as if graphic elements, even those from other tabs, appear in the lower left corner of the current tab. It didn't happen before. A website where this can be seen reliably is: http://www.vi-control.net/forum/index.php

When I open it, a clock image appears in the lower left corner, and it shouldn't. Its correct place is the bottom of the document (where it also is). And it does disappear when scrolling the page.

I did empty the cache, but that didn't help. Is there something else I can do?

Thanks,

Theo
Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Re: Question about strange rendering

Post by Uncle Asad »

The clock is a Flash animation; I'm not sure why it's displaced for you (I can't reproduce here; it only appears at the bottom).

Does the problem persist with a fresh profile (Troubleshoot Camino can automate this testing for you)?
Mac OS X 10.3.9 • PowerBook G4 17" 1.33 GHz | Mac OS X 10.5.x • MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz
Snow7's Camino Forum FAQSearch the Forum  Camino. HelpTroubleshoot Camino
TGV

Post by TGV »

I tried both the "Troubleshoot Camino" and another account that had never used Camino, and the result is the same in both cases (see the picture here: https://www.box.com/s/s8uf7o5cpzchk6i6w33m). And indeed, it seems to be only Flash animations. I'm using Flash 11,4,402,265, and the problem exists both under 10.7.4 and 10.8.2.

Is there anything else I can try?
TGV

Post by TGV »

Nothing?