Sites not showing up right since installing MacKeeper

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

oreocracker

Sites not showing up right since installing MacKeeper

Post by oreocracker »

Instead of getting banners and menus on some of my estore sites, I only get words in column form, and the photos of the items for sale aren't always spaced correctly. Is there any workaround this happening?
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Re: Sites not showing up right since installing MacKeeper

Post by cflawson »

Sounds like it might be messing with the CSS. And a quick Google search shows plenty of people out there who are HIGHLY suspect of MacKeeper.

If it's causing problems, you probably ought to uninstall it. I'm pretty sure you can get the same features in other software that isn't obviously controversial.

cl
oreocracker

Post by oreocracker »

Thank you. Can u recommend any, or is that no-no?
wasleys

Post by wasleys »

Leave Mac OS to do its own maintenance, it doesn't need any help and utilities like MacKeeper (which gets a bad press among Mac users) often cause more problems than they solve.

You don't need anti-virus, but if you really feel you have to ClamXav is fairly well regarded. For helpful comments about malware see here: http://www.reedcorner.net/mmg/
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Post by cflawson »

The utility applications I keep around are OnyX, TinkerTool, and whatever Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion Cache Cleaner is appropriate for the system. I had never actually heard of MacKeeper until now, but I generally don't think it's a smart idea to pay for software that does exactly the same thing that free software does, especially when there's such obvious controversy surrounding the pay-ware.

cl