Can I use Camino 2 download ApacheOpenOffice on Macbook Pro?

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

zillazillazilla

Can I use Camino 2 download ApacheOpenOffice on Macbook Pro?

Post by zillazillazilla »

I'd been using Open Office for a little while, though after allowing usual Mac system updates as well as the Apache Open Office updates it turns out that they are no longer compatible.

(http://www.openoffice.org/porting/mac/support.html)

At this link it suggests fixes, which I tried, to no avail....except I have not tried to download Camino, though am reluctant to download yet another browser, especially if it wont make a difference. Anyone know if Camino will make it possible for me to download Apache Open Office onto my Macbook notebook? Main reason is I was working with certain files that would be really inconvenient to no longer have access to on my computer. (no warning either...seems like if they are gonna do an update that changes the ball game, a heads up would be decent)
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Re: Can I use Camino 2 download ApacheOpenOffice on Macbook

Post by cflawson »

I'm not sure why the browser you're downloading with would make any difference whatsoever. The bug they're (possibly) referring to is with an *ancient* version of Safari.

cl
zillazillazilla

Post by zillazillazilla »

Don't know. I had Apache Open Office on my computer then *poof* it was gone. This all just happened. So I tried to download again, and again,.... yet get message that says it is not recognized (when I try to open what I've downloaded) What makes you think the bug is an ancient one, out of curiosity? :) This is most def. a current issue. What do you think about the FTP issue they mention.....is that the problem I am experiencing? If so, why did firefox not work, and will Camino do the trick?
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Post by cflawson »

They refer specifically to Safari under OS X 10.3 and 10.4. That's ancient.

The problem you're having has nothing to do with that page. You've got a file downloaded, but your computer doesn't know how to handle it. That's nothing to do with Camino, or any other browser, and you should definitely contact the OpenOffice folks for help with that problem.

cl