Bookmark keywords?

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

Millennium

Bookmark keywords?

Post by Millennium »

I'm having trouble getting keywords on my bookmarks to work. To give an example, I had one for Google in Mozilla so that I just type in "search search-terms" to run a quick Google search on something.

The UI for doing this seems to be in Chimera as well. However, I set up the bookmark, and it's giving me a "The URL is invalid and cannot be loaded" message. What's up? Is the functionality not in place yet, or if there some kind of workaround?
VGZ

Post by VGZ »

I couldn't get it to work either but if you go here you will find an article on MacOSXHints about making a search sheet. I've done it and now pressing Shift-Command-F brings down a sheet to do Google searches. Works great!
VGZ; Otaku, Fanfic author, and Mac Zealot.
Gilles

Post by Gilles »

Keywords on Chimera do not work (yet).
Some details in <a href="http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=159497" title="Bookmark keywords don't work in Chimera">bug 159497</a>
weitzman

try Huevos in the meanwhile

Post by weitzman »

japser
Camino Developer

??

Post by japser »

Since Huesvos made the code public maybe we should give Chimera a very cool new feature. When doing a search we get a sheet (like the hack from macosxhints) but with all the options Huevos has. This way Chimera would be the first to have such a powerfull search function.
VGZ

Re: ??

Post by VGZ »

japser wrote:Since Huesvos made the code public maybe we should give Chimera a very cool new feature. When doing a search we get a sheet (like the hack from macosxhints) but with all the options Huevos has. This way Chimera would be the first to have such a powerfull search function.

Interesting idea. Just have to make sure it has an option to automatically perform the default search when you have text selected, preferebly in another tab. No text selected yields sheet with pop-up to choose search engine (include versiontracker, macupdate, etc or make it where the user can add others) and with text selected opens a new tab with the results of that text from the default search engine.
VGZ; Otaku, Fanfic author, and Mac Zealot.