How to open downloaded PDF in Acrobat?

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

jaltman

How to open downloaded PDF in Acrobat?

Post by jaltman »

I currently have Chimera set to "Automatically Open Downloaded Files". When I download a pdf, it opens it up in Preview, but I'd rather have it open in Acrobat. How do I arrange this?

Thanks,

John
chambone

Post by chambone »

I think the easiest way is to get info on a PDF in the finder and do it from there. Select 'open with' and set it to acrobat.
jaltman

How to open downloaded PDF with Acrobat

Post by jaltman »

chambone wrote:I think the easiest way is to get info on a PDF in the finder and do it from there. Select 'open with' and set it to acrobat.

Thanks, but I had this set up long ago, before I started using Chimera.

John
egoham

Re: How to open downloaded PDF with Acrobat

Post by egoham »

jaltman wrote:
chambone wrote:I think the easiest way is to get info on a PDF in the finder and do it from there. Select 'open with' and set it to acrobat.

John
Change All has to be clicked on for the changes to be seen by future downloads. It is the easiest way I know of changing the application that opens files.
Regards,
Ed

PM G5 • 2.7GHz DP (PCI-X) • 5GB • 500GB x2 • Mac OS X 10.5.8
PB G4 • 1.25GHz • 2GB • 80GB • Mac OS X 10.5.8
jaltman

Re: How to open downloaded PDF with Acrobat

Post by jaltman »

egoham wrote:
jaltman wrote:

John
Change All has to be clicked on for the changes to be seen by future downloads. It is the easiest way I know of changing the application that opens files.

Again, thanks for your time, but I had this set all along, and the PDF's are still opening in Preview. There is one weird thing, however. When the document opens in Preview, the icon in the title bar (if that's what it's called) is an Acrobat icon.

John