Opening links in new tabs instead of a new window

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

timotab

Post by timotab »

BDog wrote:
timotab wrote:The problem with that is that I don't know until I click on a link if it plans to open in the same window or a new one.
Add this to your "userContent.css" file.

Code: Select all

a[href][target]:not([target="_self"]) {cursor: ne-resize !important;}

yeah, that's a vague workaround, but it then doesn't show the page as intended by the content provider. And I still have to remember to press the CMD key. It's not a solution, and this issue is the one thing that's preventing me from switching to camino.

Incidentally, I've got Camino 1.0.3, and CamiTools 4.6, but CamiTools appears not to be showing as a pref pane (and no, there is no overflow)
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Post by cflawson »

timotab wrote:Really, is it so hard to add this as a preference?

Well, yes, but despite its difficulty, we managed to get it working in 1.1. Download the alpha and try it for yourself.

cl
Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Post by Uncle Asad »

timotab wrote:The problem with that is that I don't know until I click on a link if it plans to open in the same window or a new one. All I want is for it to open in the same tab if it normally would, and to open in a new tab if it has a target=_blank directive, rather than a new window.

Ah, what you want is often called "single window mode", aka the "Links that would open new windows" pref in Tabs in 1.1a1.
Mac OS X 10.3.9 • PowerBook G4 17" 1.33 GHz | Mac OS X 10.5.x • MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz
Snow7's Camino Forum FAQSearch the Forum  Camino. HelpTroubleshoot Camino
timotab

Post by timotab »

Hmm... I can find the 1.0.3 stable release, and the nightly snapshot, but having difficulty finding the 1.1 alpha...

Timothy
froodiantherapy
Camino Developer

Post by froodiantherapy »

"Also, I can kill you with my brain."
10.4.x iBook G4 1.33 GHz
<a href="http://www.jonagold.org/~froodian/MoreCamino/">MoreCamino - More preferences for Camino</a>
timotab

Post by timotab »

thanks all...

that seems to be doing the trick.