No Chimera Library, & misc.

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

lagomorphmom

No Chimera Library, & misc.

Post by lagomorphmom »

Am a new user and saw the user pref change to make the history feature available, but when I go to (HD)/Library/Application Support/... there is no Chimera file/folder. Anyone know why???

Secondly, I can't get the nightly build xxxx.dmg.gz file to open (today 11/9). I've followed the instructions and Stuffit Expander 7.0.1 opens but then goes away (is this an OS X app crash? I'm new to X). I've tried to use open with disk copy as suggested, but that is not available (light gray text). Am running 10.2.1.

Finally, if I can ever get to the pref file, is there a line I can mod to make the side bar go to the left??? I've had it on the left for so long, I really don't want to switch, and particularly just because ol' Steve thinks I should expand myself ;-)

Finally, after rereading my typing, I'm on the band wagon for spell checking!!!
VGZ

Re: No Chimera Library, & misc.

Post by VGZ »

lagomorphmom wrote:Am a new user and saw the user pref change to make the history feature available, but when I go to (HD)/Library/Application Support/... there is no Chimera file/folder. Anyone know why???

Its in your /Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/

Finally, if I can ever get to the pref file, is there a line I can mod to make the side bar go to the left??? I've had it on the left for so long, I really don't want to switch, and particularly just because ol' Steve thinks I should expand myself ;-)

Finally, after rereading my typing, I'm on the band wagon for spell checking!!!

Just move the window so that the right side is against the edge of the screen. When you open the sidebar it should open on the left so it doesn't have to move the window. I prefer it on the left as well, now if I could judt get the toolbar button to reflect its new position. ^_^
VGZ; Otaku, Fanfic author, and Mac Zealot.
lagomorphmom

Hist. now ok, but the sidebar...

Post by lagomorphmom »

Hey!

Thanks all for the help with the history feature, got it working no problem. It's really exciting to ask a question someone knows the answer to that I can actually fix, unlike some of my other OS 10.2 questions, fortunately mostly annoying things rather than critical.

One thing suggestion didn't work for me was the sidebar issue, i.e. move my window to the right and it would force the sidebar to open to the left. Anyone know why?