Camino Users: Who Are You?

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

pauldwaite

Post by pauldwaite »

I'm Paul Waite, a web developer (just HTML, CSS and JavaScript) from London, UK.
mwrogers

Post by mwrogers »

I joined the forum just so I could be counted among happy Camino users. I'm Mark Rogers, and run a website called thriftmac.com, where I mention the virtues of Camino every chance I get. It's just like Firefox, only better ;)
tema

Post by tema »

Tema Hassan, and I'm the Tech Director of Gravity Internet (ISP) based in Middlesex, UK. I use Camino as my default browser on all three of my Macs! :-)
SomeoneOrOther

Post by SomeoneOrOther »

Student at the University of Ottawa, Ontario. 11 years working in Windows environment, just switched to Mac about a month ago. No regrets!

Have been using Firefox since 0.6 (when it used to be called Firebird). Have been using Camino for about a few weeks now.

SH
Old davedit

Post by Old davedit »

Bump
bigmtn

Post by bigmtn »

34yrs old
Web dude for ski resort in Montana, USA
Sling php/mysql on a dual-G5 @ work using Panic's completely badass Coda
MacMini 1.83 2GB RAM at home connected via DVI -> 42" Westinghouse 1080p monitor for HD media goodness.. and yes the mini can play H264 1080p with 2GBs of RAM.. yummy.
iBook 500mhz G3, Bondi iMac running 10.3.9, Indigo iMac running Feisty Fawn
Camino default browser since early Chimera days... it's purrfect
Lost User 81975

Post by Lost User 81975 »

briefly, the name is ari. I am a 22 year old student from new york [city], currently stuck in-between [hopefully] my last semester at a two year college and what should soon be my first semester of a four year college. i basically majored in psych but at some point started focusing more on history (mostly middle/near-eastern) and will probably end up changing my major to just that. i have been playing the bass for years and enjoy experimenting with programs like fruityloops and garageband, i also dabble in coding a little java, css and javascript. for the occasional wad of money i do freelance computer repair/maintenance on the side.
andmed

Post by andmed »

I'm Andrey. I am 30
I am Russian and live in Moscow.
Lawyer

Mac is not so popular in Russia, but I love it and it serves my needs (text-editing, web-browsing & security) perfectly!
Whether I am too conservative or my mac is too old (iBook G3 500) I prefer old Panther to new Tiger. And Camino is the only way I can see modern web-sites in full force on my old-fashioned mac.

I've tried 1.5.1 but it has problems with pop-up blocking, so i am back to 1.0.5 and happy.

Andrey

p.s. The only problem I have is that Camino tries to make multiple copies of a .webloc link, when I drug link from address bar to Desktop, and yes !! one more - it does not preserve cyrillic symbols (as Safary does, for example) in the name of a link!!!
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Post by cflawson »

andmed wrote:I've tried 1.5.1 but it has problems with pop-up blocking, so i am back to 1.0.5 and happy.

Please file bugs on any reproducible problems that you find.

p.s. The only problem I have is that Camino tries to make multiple copies of a .webloc link, when I drug link from address bar to Desktop, and yes !! one more - it does not preserve cyrillic symbols (as Safary does, for example) in the name of a link!!!

This is a known bug in the OS; upgrading to 10.4 is the only way we know of to fix it.

cl
tocahan

Post by tocahan »

Terry
Age 42
Bookseller in Iowa
I started using Camino just before launch of 1.0. I like Camino for its speed and lightweight. We have a number of G3s at the bookstore, and Safari just wasn't cutting it. I switched us to the G3 optimized build and haven't looked back since.
Lost User 273062

Post by Lost User 273062 »

32 Years Old
Colorado, USA
J2EE developer for a fortune 500 company.
Lost User 273062

Post by Lost User 273062 »

tocahan wrote:Terry
Age 42
Bookseller in Iowa
I started using Camino just before launch of 1.0. I like Camino for its speed and lightweight. We have a number of G3s at the bookstore, and Safari just wasn't cutting it. I switched us to the G3 optimized build and haven't looked back since.

Awesome! I grew up in Iowa and want to move back! Power to the people of the midwest! =)
marioestrada

Post by marioestrada »

Name: Mario
College at Monterrey, Mexico : Systems Engineering Major
mario estrada
Lost User 291884

Post by Lost User 291884 »

Name: Anna
Work: Media Relations

Predominantly use Macs for work and home. The only other PC I have has been upgraded to Linux. Found Camino, via suggestion on Slashdot - loved it for ease of use and general un-bugginess. I have since made it my browser of choice and have converted a few other Mac users to it :)
loadbang

Post by loadbang »

Name: Simon
Work: Sound Engineer