Camino Users: Who Are You?

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

alruiz

Post by alruiz »

Name: Alexandro
Married with a 3 years old girl.
Work: Currently waiting for bureucracy to sort out my visa, so I can go to Madrid for a post-doctoral position in materials research.
Lost User 18071

Post by Lost User 18071 »

My name is Christian. 38 of age. I am living in Long Beach, California. I have "full sleeve"tattoos on both of my arms. I work @ the city library as a Library Page and YES I must wear long sleeve shirts @ work. I am also a "freelance" Graphic Designer over 13 years, graduated from two Art Institutes in East-coast.

More about me is on my site:

http://christianclarkstudios.net

Blessings!
Christian
rabati

Post by rabati »

Name. Roberto
Location, Bergamo, Italy
I am manager (seller) is a small sw company for finance products, marriaged with 3 children, always owned a Mac (since MacPlus with system5). I love my Motobike. I use Camino because I think is excellent and (despite some bugs on refresh) is fast and affortable.
Computers are useless, They only provide answers (Picasso)
RedFlames

Post by RedFlames »

Name - RedFlames
Real Name - Not going to say...
Age - 19
Location - UK

What do I do? - Currently a Design student

Mac user since... don't get me started on the worst piece of hardware I've ever had the misfortune to use...
If it isn't broken... break it...

Intel Core i7 920, 6GB DDR3, GTX280, Windows 7 Pro
jsuplido

Post by jsuplido »

Name: Joel
Work: Middle school teacher

I juggle with browsers but I always go back to Camino. My favorite setup is Camino+endo+ecto. I switched to the Mac in 2003 but I keep a PC for games (and for the times I want to tinker with hardware). I am not a coder (my only experience is QBASIC and HTML ;)) so I tend to go bug-hunting or hardware-testing.

I'm co-founder of 1src.com (for Palm-powered devices) and I keep a blog at suplido.com/joel (since I switched to the Mac).
macwish

Post by macwish »

Name: Ron
Work: retired pediatrician

First Apple product was Apple IIe in 1984, first Mac was SE in 1988; then PowerMac 6200; and now G4 iMac. My wife inherited the SE, but I finally upgraded her to G4 Mini last year so that she could use email (via wireless connection to router) without kicking me off my machine. Also used Mac laptops - 710 and 1400cs - both of which flamed out with major power unit failures after 3 years. Will wait to buy macBook 13" until random shutdown problem is solved.

PC experience at work (a Windows environment) with has enabled me to learn the real benefits of Macs.

Prior to OS X, my default browser was iCab. Since upgrading to OS X, I have been Camino enthusiast. I have tried all of the other browsers, but Camino wins every time.
2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5 MacBookPro, 8 GB RAM, OS X 10.6.8
blauigel

Post by blauigel »

Name: Richard Grant
Work: independent writer

My first Mac was an original 128K model, complete with a single floppy disk drive. I wrote a complete novel, "Rumors of Spring," with MacWrite 1.0 -- the RAM-based version in which you were limited to about 8 pages of text per document.

My latest novel, "Another Green World," was just published in the U.S. by Alfred A Knopf/Random House. I use Nisus Writer Express for word processing these days.

I've been using Camino since somewhere around version 0.7. Nothing else feels quite right or "Mac-like" to me -- not even Safari.
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Post by cflawson »

macwish -- that's interesting; I was also an iCab user before the switch to OS X. I still use it on OS 9, although I very very rarely have need to run OS 9 any more.
macwish

Post by macwish »

I keep trying iCab with each new update - up to version 3.0.3 (8.16.06) now. Unfortunately, it is still a good bit slower than Camino, but it certainly has a superb selection of preferences. And occasionally I have found its Error Report tool useful.
2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5 MacBookPro, 8 GB RAM, OS X 10.6.8
Old davedit

Post by Old davedit »

Wow this is turning out to be much more interesting than I expected! Nice to meet you all.

blauigel: I googled up your book out of curiousity and found it in Amazon, sounds very interesting. You have some very highly rated books!
jedik

Post by jedik »

Nickname: Jedi Knight
Work: IT sales and senior technician (both Mac and PC), but with a BS and MS degrees on Physics

My first Mac was a pre-owned PowerBook 5300c I bought online because I wanted a notebook and I found this one on a clearance. It came with Mac OS 8.1 and 24MB of RAM. It was in the end of the 90's.
I've been using OS X since the Public Beta days, and Camino since it was called Chimera.