Spellcheck

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

col888

Spellcheck

Post by col888 »

May be a stupid question, does Camino 1.0.3 have a Spellchecker or do I have to import it from ?
Only used Safari and that did it auto. Thanks for any answers
Col
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Camino Forum.
froodiantherapy
Camino Developer

Post by froodiantherapy »

Camino 1.0.3 does not have spell-checking - it will be in stable releases starting with Camino 1.1
"Also, I can kill you with my brain."
10.4.x iBook G4 1.33 GHz
<a href="http://www.jonagold.org/~froodian/MoreCamino/">MoreCamino - More preferences for Camino</a>
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Post by cflawson »

The 1.0.x versions don't, but 1.1a1 does, and 1.1 will.

cl
Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Post by Uncle Asad »

Camino 1.1a1 (released today) automatically uses the system spellchecker like Safari. Camino 1.0.3 does not have spellcheck support.
Mac OS X 10.3.9 • PowerBook G4 17" 1.33 GHz | Mac OS X 10.5.x • MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz
Snow7's Camino Forum FAQSearch the Forum  Camino. HelpTroubleshoot Camino
drainyoo

Post by drainyoo »

Folks how do you use the spell checker in 1.1a1? I get the red underline under a misspelled word but when I try to right click and it and get the correct spelling (like in Safari) nothing happens. Is it even suppose to work like this or is it just a lame attempt at spellchecking where it just tells you which word is misspelled and doesn't offer the correct spelling?
froodiantherapy
Camino Developer

Post by froodiantherapy »

Unfortunately, at the moment the spell-checking requires the caret to be touching the misspelled word to get spelling suggestions (this is most of that "Some of these features are not yet completely implemented." warning on the beta page)
"Also, I can kill you with my brain."
10.4.x iBook G4 1.33 GHz
<a href="http://www.jonagold.org/~froodian/MoreCamino/">MoreCamino - More preferences for Camino</a>
drainyoo

Post by drainyoo »

froodiantherapy wrote:Unfortunately, at the moment the spell-checking requires the caret to be touching the misspelled word to get spelling suggestions (this is most of that "Some of these features are not yet completely implemented." warning on the beta page)

Ah I see. Now it works. Better than nothing!

Do you know if they will adjust it for the final release of 1.1 so that the caret doesn't have to be touching the misspelled word?
col888

Post by col888 »

Thanks...... I should have checked before posting. 1.1a.1 that'll be a beta release, I'll wait. 1.0.3 runs ok on my ancient 400hz Graphite G3 iMac,with only 384mb RAM. Blocks web Ads ok. Struggled with blocking the animations, which I'd prefer to use, left bits of the ads behind. Probably lack of processing power.
Col
Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Post by Uncle Asad »

drainyoo wrote:Do you know if they will adjust it for the final release of 1.1 so that the caret doesn't have to be touching the misspelled word?

There's a bug filed on this, and we hope to have it fixed, but it seems pretty thorny at the moment (yay Gecko vs. Cocoa :P ;))
Mac OS X 10.3.9 • PowerBook G4 17" 1.33 GHz | Mac OS X 10.5.x • MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz
Snow7's Camino Forum FAQSearch the Forum  Camino. HelpTroubleshoot Camino