Mail Button vs. Mail app

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

lagomorphmom

Mail Button vs. Mail app

Post by lagomorphmom »

Here's a suggestion I e-mailed to the Chimera suggestion box that I thought worth a comment here as well because "mail" ranked so low in the poll.

Not knowing anything about what you guy's do to program this stuff, but what would be a great, and I would think simple addition, is a button that let's you e-mail your link to friends and family? (Omni-Web doesn't have this feature either ;-). I use this feature all the time to share pages with others. Of course you can copy link/ open mailer/ create new/ paste, but this is so much slicker. (If this is a not fully released feature already, please let me know!)

Frankly, for my daily use, I pretty much don't care if there is a mail app for Chimera because I really love Entourage for this purpose (sigh, it's like the put Claris E-mailer in the 21st century ;-) which btw is what I finally switched from. Not to get off topic but really, why was OE so featureless by comparison for so long (ok except handling html) and Outlook is a bit of a clunker. A mail app will be great for those who don't have a mailer they like, but how about "mail this link" function button in the interim.

What d'ya think???