some questions bout chimera

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

G01D

some questions bout chimera

Post by G01D »

Im planning on getting a mac within the next few weeks and I was wondering what sort of features are on the Chimera browser? as compared to the Mozilla browser? are there skinning capabilities on Chimera or does it only use one theme?
thanx
-G01D
if your gonna sell your soul, dont sell it for too cheap
VGZ

Re: some questions bout chimera

Post by VGZ »

G01D wrote:Im planning on getting a mac within the next few weeks and I was wondering what sort of features are on the Chimera browser? as compared to the Mozilla browser? are there skinning capabilities on Chimera or does it only use one theme?
thanx
-G01D

Mozilla minus bloat (no e-mail, aim, irc, newgroups). It basically uses the 1.0 core (Gecko rendering engine) of Mozilla for rendering the pages along with a cocoa interface. It doesn't use themes, instead relying on the Aqua UI, i.e. it has a standard Aqua interface and will use any theme that you may have installed system wide using one of the theming apps out there (Mac OS X as a whole, go to ResExcellence for more info on this). Oh and its much much faster than mozilla from what others have said. I haven't used mozilla in about a year so I can't give a speed comparison myself. You can find a list of features at Chimera's page at mosilla.org.
VGZ; Otaku, Fanfic author, and Mac Zealot.