Skypilot Classic Theme (SPC) - For the Birds

Discuss application theming and theme development.
Sailfish

Post by Sailfish »

Firebird/Thunderbird version of this theme have been modified to implement recent changes, as follows:

Navigator
  • Integrated recent Download Manager changes.
General
  • Accommodated recent Alerts changes.
Messenger (Thunderbird)
  • Added attacment icons for thread pane and cut/copy/paste button images for Compose toolbar.
Sailfish

Post by Sailfish »

-- Trunk Builds Only --
Added skin support for the Firebird Help extension.

Added end-caps to Thunderbird primary toolbars.
Sailfish

Post by Sailfish »

-- Trunk Builds Only --
Incorporated 20031203 search proxy icon changes.

Available immediately on my site, in about 2 hours from this post on the themes.mozdev.org site.
LinuXfuX

Another plaudit

Post by LinuXfuX »

Hi sailfish,

just started to use your theme and already quite impressed. Since this seems to be my first posting in this forum, I'd like to give a special thx. No other feature amazed me enough to register ;-)

tom
(= Save the ASCII-Smiley =)
Sailfish

Post by Sailfish »

Thanks to someone reporting a problem that required me to actually install the Tab Mix Plus extension, I found that I really enjoyed its features. I also discovered that its toolbar buttons clashed with the theme.

As such, I've just finished with incorporating specific support for this extension within the theme. It is now available for download at the theme site.

Constructive feedback is always welcomed.
Killjay

Post by Killjay »

I think I found a bug in the 1/27/2006 jar file that I installed to TB 1.5. The JS Console reported:
Error: Unknown namespace prefix 'html'. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector.
Source File: chrome://messenger/skin/messageBody.css
Line: 63

html|body {
font-size: smaller !important;
}

Note the vertical bar character between html and body.
Killjay
Tower, request takeoff clearance, branch 3.0
Thunderbird cleared for takeoff, flyby @ mach 3.0b3 authorized
Sailfish

Post by Sailfish »

I'm not seeing that on WinXP but I did find this comment in the Thunderbird 1.5 theme's chrome://messenger/skin/messageBody.css file:

Code: Select all

/* XXX Breaks the HTML rules below (.moz-class stuff), at least on Linux.
   "html|.class" doesn't work.
@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");
@namespace html url("http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml");
*/

window {
  overflow: auto;
}

html|html {
  /* XXX Doesn't seem to work. (Same with "html|body".) */
  background-color: window;
}

While I don't use html|html, I have used html|body for some time now.

Are you on a Linux distro by any chance?
Killjay

Post by Killjay »

No, Windows ME. FF 1.5.01 and TB 1.5

I may have been getting this for a while but not connecting it to the theme. This because with a lot of script testing in NTMM (secnews.netscape.com\netscape.test.mulimedia) I was accustomed to seeing lots of error msgs in the JSC. Now that I have patched my all.js those msgs stopped apearing in the console. Now I can focus on other issues.

This is another console msg that seems to be theme related

Error: Expected end of value for property but found 'repeat-y'. Error in parsing value for property 'list-style-image'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: chrome://editor/skin/EditorDialog.css
Line: 360

/* ::::: Publishing Progress ::::: */

.progressitem[progress="busy"] {
list-style-image: url("chrome://editor/skin/icons/progress-busy.gif") repeat-y top;;
}

This is a cut and paste. Noted that the other entries in this section end with only a single ; not the double ;; shown in this clip.

Appreciate your work on this theme. Been a favorite since TB 0.1a days.
Killjay
Sailfish

Post by Sailfish »

It's interesting that the first javascript error didn't show up on my system, however, the latest one (progressitem) did? While I was at it, I found a couple of more errors while in Compose. None of them should have adversly affected anything you were doing since they mostly had to do with text and progressmeter styling.

I've fixed and uploaded a new theme version that should resolve those problems.
Killjay

Post by Killjay »

When I can git to it there is a cosmetic oddity I am seeing with the location bar in FF. Right now my system is on the edge of a resource crash. Want to get a screen shot to show you.
Killjay
Killjay

Post by Killjay »

:D
Just installed last nights build and TB no longer reports errors in the JS Console.

Thank you.

Learned something about this theme today. Your use of tab coloring to indicate the active tab is uncommon among the themes available. This came up in a mozilla.support.firefox thread on news.mozilla.org server.
Killjay
Sailfish

Post by Sailfish »

Killjay wrote:Learned something about this theme today. Your use of tab coloring to indicate the active tab is uncommon among the themes available. This came up in a mozilla.support.firefox thread on news.mozilla.org server.

Yeah, and for hover, too. I also use the same color scheme for buttons.

Another piece of trivia for ya. To the best of my knowledge, Sky Pilot Classic is the only theme that exists throughout the Mozilla, SeaMonkey and Netscape families, including Thunderbird, chatZilla, NIM and Calendar.

btw, I've discovered that the newly designed buttons for Tab Mix Plus are too large in "small" icon mode. I'm in the process of shrinking them and will let you know when the updated theme is available.

Take care.
Sailfish

Post by Sailfish »

I've just uploaded a revised version of the the where I've made the small Tab Plus Mix icons smaller such that they no longer make the menus long.
Sailfish

Post by Sailfish »

Added enlarged icons for Tab Mix Plus small toolbar mode and left the 16x16 icons for the menu.
Rosco[CoF]

Post by Rosco[CoF] »

Always a great theme to use, thanks Sailfish! Has anyone ever approched you in regards to making Skypilot into a WinXP visual style? The theme would make a great VS.