Phusion Theme

Discuss application theming and theme development.

Rate this theme:

This my new default theme!
12%
It's cool, but needs some work.
38%
I don't like it, but maybe others will.
41%
It sucks!
9%

Total votes: 34

scratch

Post by scratch »

looks a lot like kde crystal.
Vox

Bug in the theme

Post by Vox »

I have QPrefs, the CSS extension and the Digger extension on the same toolbar as my bookmarks...when selecting your theme, the 3 icons fon the extensions disapear. May want to check it out :)

Vox
djst

Post by djst »

I think this theme would look a lot cooler if the buttons weren't gray when you're not hovering the mouse over them. If they were always colored (as it is in most modern Windows programs) and the color levels were adjusted when hovering (In Photoshop, Ctrl+L, then 0, 0.75, 255), it would look better.
francois

possible improvement (in my opinion)

Post by francois »

I like you theme very much. It is potentially displacing my faithfull pinball theme.

However there is a few things I personnally think could be improved:
* I find that the spacing between items on the bookmark bar is too large, it nullify a bit the overall compactness
of the theme (I love the compactness of the tab bar :o ) .
* I prefer the original throbber, but I think a new one without the mozilla M would be cool. And it should also be
a tiny bit smaller.
* The folder icon... Yellow a la windows 9x, :? ! The pinball one are better, gray is not especially better
color wise but they are better drawn.

One thing I like a lot in this theme is the back and forward button. Left click, back one page, right click back history,
no more targetting problem :D !

Thank for that good work!
mserrano

Post by mserrano »

Francois, your suggestions are at the top of my list for changes in the next version.

djst, I was thinking the same thing after I had finished this iteration of the theme. The whole point of this theme was to have an interface that was attractive, yet functional and did not distract the user--that is why I chose going colorless when not interacting with the interface. Now that I've used it for a while, it does seem rather bland and I'm going to experiment with color levels.

I have no plans on making bigger buttons. In fact, these buttons are on the cusp of "large" IMO. I am a long-time KMeleon user and I prefer it's compact interface and small buttons (despite the fact that they are from Internet Exploder).

Vox, I'll see what I can find out.

-Mike
greg

Post by greg »

I like it very much! The compactness is nice.

Like francois noted, the gaps between the items on the bookmarkbar are too big, but that's the only bad thing I could find.

Very good, please continue to work on it!
Ted Mielczarek

Post by Ted Mielczarek »

mserrano wrote:I have no plans on making bigger buttons. In fact, these buttons are on the cusp of "large" IMO. I am a long-time KMeleon user and I prefer it's compact interface and small buttons (despite the fact that they are from Internet Exploder).

What resolution do you run? At 1024x768, those buttons are really hard for me to click. Are you sure you won't include a larger set of buttons to use, even as the alternate set? (Phoenix has the "use small icons" option for a reason.) That's really my only gripe with the theme, otherwise I think it's really nice, and I would use it regularly.
mserrano

Post by mserrano »

Ted Mielczarek wrote:What resolution do you run?

I run at 1152x864.

I'm sorry you find the buttons too small. I, OTOH, find the buttons too large in most themes.

I may take on creating a large version of the theme in the future, but it is not a priority at this point.

-Mike
Ted Mielczarek

Post by Ted Mielczarek »

mserrano wrote:I run at 1152x864.

I'm sorry you find the buttons too small. I, OTOH, find the buttons too large in most themes.

I may take on creating a large version of the theme in the future, but it is not a priority at this point.

-Mike

Ever hear of Fitts' Law? ;-)

Oh well, at least it looks pretty.
djst

Post by djst »

mserrano wrote:
Ted Mielczarek wrote:What resolution do you run?

I run at 1152x864.

-Mike

I agree with you Mike, most themes have too large icons. 16x16 and 24x24 is what IE uses. That's what I'd go for if I created a theme.
Marck

Post by Marck »

I like your theme very much, especially because of the small icons. ;) However, I miss the URL history at the "Back One Page" and "Forward One Page" buttons.
maneesh

Post by maneesh »

Marck wrote:I like your theme very much, especially because of the small icons. ;) However, I miss the URL history at the "Back One Page" and "Forward One Page" buttons.

Right-click on the back and forward buttons to access the URL History.

-maneesh