Acuarela theme

Discuss application theming and theme development.
lynchknot

Post by lynchknot »

Acuarela is finished - I sent the xpi to David.

djst

Post by djst »

lynchknot wrote:Acuarela is finished - I sent the xpi to David.

I'll put the theme up as soon as I get home!
chrookee

Post by chrookee »

what display resolution is this?

I use small icons for my themes and still cant pack this lot on one line.
Res: 1024x768 (Poor me.)
flii

Post by flii »

this theme was made for people with higher resolution, if you read the rest of the thread. they wanted huge icons.
lynchknot

Post by lynchknot »

I find it only necessary to use back-fwd, new tabs, reload, go, and print. Sometimes i'll throw in Home and or new window - for looks. If you display only what you use, they will all fit.

For those who suggested BIG buttons - THANK YOU!!!! I'm really liking these big buttons!! I keep running my cursor back and forth over them, just to see them react!!! I'm only at 1024x768 but - I don't care!!! I love them!!

I see the throbber is sitting low - for those who use it. There is a throbber replacement being made right now. If it turns out right, it will be a realistic blazing sun with sun flares/arch. It may not fit the theme, but I think it would be cool (hot!). It's hard to find a suitable throbber.

Then again, since getting cable, last week - I hardly ever get to see the throbber in action as the page loads almost instantly!

something like this first effort: Image
chrookee

Post by chrookee »

has david not reached home yet? where does he live in the artics? :)

kidding... dont take it to ure home :)
djst

Post by djst »

chrookee wrote:has david not reached home yet? where does he live in the artics? :)

kidding... dont take it to ure home :)

Ok I'm home now. Go get the theme :)
chrookee

Post by chrookee »

djst wrote:
Ok I'm home now. Go get the theme :)

got it thanks....

Found two bugs....
1. The X button for the tabs disappear when you hover over it.
2. When a page is being loaded you hover over the stop button it shifts to the left. I guess since lynchknot has cable he wouldnt notice this :)

Nice theme.

Cheers,

chrookee
ehume

OH MY!!!

Post by ehume »

Oh my oh my oh my! (as my mother used to say).

Installed Acuarela. Big. Colorful. Pretty. Big. Did I mention big?

Then unchecked the Small Icons. OH MY!!! Now THIS is a theme for people with 1600x1200 screens! The icons still seem big with that resolution on my monitor, but I imagine that with 1600x1200 on a laptop, they'll be perfect.

Exquisite.
djst

Re: OH MY!!!

Post by djst »

ehume wrote:Then unchecked the Small Icons. OH MY!!! Now THIS is a theme for people with 1600x1200 screens! The icons still seem big with that resolution on my monitor, but I imagine that with 1600x1200 on a laptop, they'll be perfect.

I'll hold my breath until Asa replies to this! :)
lynchknot

Post by lynchknot »

Thanks chrookee, your are right. By the time I get my cursor up to the stop icon, the page is already loaded. Two solutions would be for me to post the correct "address" for the icon or send out a revised editition of the theme - depends on David as he might be getting sick of me! (I have sent multiple versions to him already! LOL! Thanks for reporting the bugs.
djst

Post by djst »

lynchknot wrote:Thanks chrookee, your are right. By the time I get my cursor up to the stop icon, the page is already loaded. Two solutions would be for me to post the correct "address" for the icon or send out a revised editition of the theme - depends on David as he might be getting sick of me! (I have sent multiple versions to him already! LOL! Thanks for reporting the bugs.

It's ok, Ken :)
Don't take my "complaints" too seriously. Until you get your own web storage, keep sending the themes. But you could start sending the .jar's instead, which would force me to implement the scripts for that.
lynchknot

Post by lynchknot »

Well that would make things a little easier. I wouldn't have to edit install JS. What do you mean by "force you to implement scripts"?
maneesh

Post by maneesh »

lynchknot wrote:Well that would make things a little easier. I wouldn't have to edit install JS. What do you mean by "force you to implement scripts"?

He is refering to a thread in "Phoenix General".
See http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1301
asa

Re: OH MY!!!

Post by asa »

djst wrote:
ehume wrote:Then unchecked the Small Icons. OH MY!!! Now THIS is a theme for people with 1600x1200 screens! The icons still seem big with that resolution on my monitor, but I imagine that with 1600x1200 on a laptop, they'll be perfect.

I'll hold my breath until Asa replies to this! :)

I'm in love. I've been running with this on my linux machine all day long (and phoenity beyond on my lower resolution windows machine). It's fantastic. Big, beautiful targets for my really poor laptop pointing device.
--Asa
"You'd PAY to know what you REALLY think." --Dobbs 1961