Classic Compact v29.0a1 (Australis) OS X testing Needed

Discuss application theming and theme development.
HughHyatt

Re: Classic Compact v29.0a1 (Australis) OS X testing Needed

Post by HughHyatt »

Netweezurd wrote:Uuuuuuuh... Does CC has an install.rdf somewhere or do I have to edit the one inside the .xpi ?
Better yet, if you have the time, could you spread out your procedure ? A couple of generic steps or something...

Is this what you are looking for: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Editing_an_add-on_to_change_its_compatibility?
Use open source software; with no walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates? — Luis Pinto

(Linux Mint 20.3 (una)/Win10) Firefox 107.0 (64-bit), Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz
Netweezurd

Post by Netweezurd »

Ok... bubble to the brain...

HughHyatt, Fantastic man, just POed at myself for not even looking.

THX

Edit: FF31 works as before. I reverted to the default theme, upgraded to 31, then installed the modded .xpi by opening it as a file.

Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.
-- Groucho Marx
MotherDawg.
I do RPMs.
I own crappy boxes...GNU Linux 4 ever.
avada

Post by avada »

HughHyatt wrote:
Netweezurd wrote:Uuuuuuuh... Does CC has an install.rdf somewhere or do I have to edit the one inside the .xpi ?
Better yet, if you have the time, could you spread out your procedure ? A couple of generic steps or something...

Is this what you are looking for: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Editing_an_add-on_to_change_its_compatibility?

Curiously though. When I tried CC 25 I couldn't even install it. But it worked (brokenly) when I moved a profile to a post australis firefox.
DaComboMan

Post by DaComboMan »

@avada

Microfox isn't as cutsy as Classic Compact but it is compact and in some ways, it does remind me of CC.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... developers

The good thing about it, is the fact that the dev has been pretty faithful at updating for quite a few years now.
Brave man!!
avada

Post by avada »

Thanks for the tip.
churchx

Post by churchx »

I'd appreciate if Ken would post ANY news about status update. Been long time since first alpha release in winter, long time since i've seen him posting something about new version. So far many but not all things i could replicate using via Stylish extension and some style set + few extensions, but should i fiddle with it more, or wait for CC :/. I don't know if CC is kept worked or dropped, and if a1 will be last version and another great theme/extension has kicked the bucket (like Whitehart, from which i had to switch to CC in similar firefox 4.0 breakage).
avada

Post by avada »

churchx wrote:I'd appreciate if Ken would post ANY news about status update. Been long time since first alpha release in winter, long time since i've seen him posting something about new version. So far many but not all things i could replicate using via Stylish extension and some style set + few extensions, but should i fiddle with it more, or wait for CC :/. I don't know if CC is kept worked or dropped, and if a1 will be last version and another great theme/extension has kicked the bucket (like Whitehart, from which i had to switch to CC in similar firefox 4.0 breakage).

Hi!
Can you share your customizations? Particularly: how to get down the menubar, tabbar urlbar to similar sizes as with CC? (Without breakage or overlapping stuff, etc)
Netweezurd

Post by Netweezurd »

Lo,

I just updated to 32. Same as before; with the help of Classic Theme Restorer, Classic Compact 29.0a1 looks to be functioning ok, albeit the manually moded install.rdf (post at top of this page and the bottom of page 81).

Win7 - FF32 - CC29.0a1 - CTR1.2.3

and a few extensions...
ActiveStopButton{1.5.1}.xpi
AdblockEdge{2.1.4}.xpi
AddtoSearchBar{2.5}.xpi
All-in-OneGestures{0.26}.xpi
All-in-OneSidebar{0.7.24}.xpi
BetterPrivacy{1.68}.xpi
ClassicThemeRestorer{1.2.3}.xpi
CookiesManager+{1.5.2}.xpi
CustomizableShortcuts{0.6.2}.xpi
DownloadHelper{4.9.24}.xpi
EPUBReader{1.4.2.5}.xpi
ExifViewer{2.00}.xpi
FEBE{8.0.4}.xpi
Firebug{2.0.4}.xpi
Flagfox{5.0.7}.xpi
Ghostery{5.3.2}.xpi
GoParentFolder{2.9.1}.xpi
HTTPS-Everywhere{4.0.0}.xpi
NoScript{2.6.8.40}.xpi
ParentFolder{4.5.2}.xpi
PreciseClearHistory{1.3}.xpi
SavedPasswordEditor{2.7.2}.xpi
ShowParentFolder{2.1}.xpi
SpeedDialFVD-NewTabPageSync...{5.5.3}.xpi
TabGroupSwitcher{0.1}.xpi
TabMixPlus{0.4.1.4}.xpi
TinEyeReverseImageSearch{1.1}.xpi
YoutubeSubscriptionsGrid{1.10}.xpi

LoL!

Cya
Last edited by Netweezurd on September 11th, 2014, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MotherDawg.
I do RPMs.
gmlack

Post by gmlack »

One thing that FF32 breaks is that the go back/go forwards/reload/bookmark entries in the right-click menu are now icons (all on one line, at the top) instead of textual entries. Since CC has no icons you just get empty buttons (but the mouse-over works...so you can find each one)
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Netweezurd wrote:Lo ..

Hey, this is totally OT but I just wanted to give a shout-out because I think your avatar pic is cool. For anyone who doesn't know, that's from something like the first three microseconds of one of the early atomic bomb tests, shot with an ultra-high-speed camera. Those spikes are the guy wires from the tower the bomb was on, vaporizing. The first time I saw that pic, probably on Wikipedia, I just stared at it for like 15 minutes, because .. wow. Scary stuff. Oppenheimer: "Now I am become death, destroyer of worlds."

That is all. Carry on. :)
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
Netweezurd

Post by Netweezurd »

Hey McDavis,

Thanks, it's my pissed off avatar! LoL

It's a Rapatronic picture of the Tumbler-Snapper Operation of 1952 at 1ms.

Eugene Cernan, Commander Apollo 17 partying on the moon! LoL too.
MotherDawg.
I do RPMs.
dmattote

Post by dmattote »

Greetings,
Can you give me some kind of time frame when we might see a new version of Classic Compact for Australis?
Spishak

Post by Spishak »

As far as I can tell, the author has not been active in this thread for over a year.

Is this abandonware now?

I check back periodically, but have little hope at this point.
Albert71292

Post by Albert71292 »

I'm thinking Mozilla switched to Australis just to throw off the theme developers and force everyone to use the default look. The browser is getting less customizable in every version.
churchx

Post by churchx »

Sounds like gnome dev mindset. "We know better what you need", "that's why we will break up everything that was good and you got used to".
I still hope for author to drop a line about his intentions. Even announcing end of work on this theme would be better then keeping everyone in dark, as then users can start sooner seeking alternatives.