Mozilla want to kill the themes?

Discuss application theming and theme development.
dkgo

Re: Mozilla want to kill the themes?

Post by dkgo »

the effect is not obvious
KilliK

Post by KilliK »

yeah, they added a scroller for the personas and a big screenshot of a persona next to the description.
In the themes description there is no scroller, only a small screenshot of a theme and the most important thing:
the whole color of the description box has the exact color with the background color of the persona screenshot above.
So the whole thing looks indistinguishable if you look quickly at the page. You don't get the feeling that the texts are
referring to two completely different things.

And ofc the rest of the columns show statistics exclusively for the personas and nothing at all for the themes.
Which gives the impression to the user that the personas is the main,more important category of themes for the browser, not the classic ones.
This also explains why the personas name was changed to themes. Everything is part of the procedure of completely replacing the classic themes with the personas.

So yeah, Mozilla wants to get rid off of the themes because they are not "chrome" enough. this is pretty obvious now.
i am stopping here because i am too angry now and my next sentence wouldn't be a polite one.

ps. and i just learned that they are going to kill Panorama too. sigh..
Last edited by KilliK on February 1st, 2013, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aaron

Post by aaron »

This attitude (in addition to personal demands) is what made me want to give up theming after doing it for 12 years. I, for one, am happy to be done with it.
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

ominus wrote:... and i just learned that they are going to kill Panorama too. sigh..

I use Panorama all the time. All day, every day. It's an essential part of my browsing experience.
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

If you guys want to discuss Panorama removal, please do so at the thread below as it's not relevant to this topic. Thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2652161
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

smsmith wrote:If you guys want to discuss Panorama removal, please do so at the thread below as it's not relevant to this topic. Thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2652161

Thanks. Feel free to delete my comment. It does belong in the TabGroups thread.
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

jivko-

Since is wasn't 100% on topic I split your post to here viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2734013, "I can't believe that the most downloaded custom theme has less than 10 000 weekly downloads."
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."