[resolved] AMO Downloads the Wrong File

Discuss application theming and theme development.
L.A.R. Grizzly

[resolved] AMO Downloads the Wrong File

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

I have 4 FX themes on AMO. I uploaded new versions, but one of those new versions continues to download a previously uncorrected file. I've tried deleting the uncorrected file several times and uploading the new one. Every time I download it, I get the uncorrected one.

The theme in question: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/

Version 2.6.4 should be 65,686 bytes (this is the corrected version).

When I download it, the uncorrected version 65,697 is received.

Does anyone know who I should contact about this problem? I've never had this happen before.
Last edited by L.A.R. Grizzly on February 18th, 2013, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.1.0, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
smsmith

Re: AMO Downloads the Wrong File

Post by smsmith »

I just downloaded, and I see:

Size = 65,686 bytes
Size on disk = 69,632 bytes
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

smsmith wrote:I just downloaded, and I see:

Size = 65,686 bytes
Size on disk = 69,632 bytes

Boy, that's bizarre! If you don't mind, could you check the size of an internal file? browser.css should be 1,960 bytes. If it's 2,016 bytes, it's the wrong file.

There is another browser.css inside that's 0 (zero bytes), but that's just a dummy file.

I even get the wrong one when downloading with SeaMonkey and IE.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.1.0, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Yep, 1,960 bytes.

Try clearing your cache.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Re: AMO Downloads the Wrong File [resolved]

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

smsmith wrote:Yep, 1,960 bytes.

Try clearing your cache.

I deleted all of my cache. I also tried SeaMonkey and IE with the same results! I keep getting the wrong file! ](*,)

--Edit--

I had PM'd jorge-villalobos at the AMO Forum about the conflict. I haven't received a reply, but they must have fixed the problem. I just checked again and now I'm getting the correct file. Thanks for your help!
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
jorgev

Re: [resolved] AMO Downloads the Wrong File

Post by jorgev »

I didn't change anything, so the fix might have been coincidental. Keep in mind that deleting a file on AMO and uploading a different file with the same version number can lead to various server bugs, including what you were experiencing. If you have a problem with a file, it's better to upload again with a new version number.
Jorge Villalobos
Add-ons Developer Relations Lead, Mozilla
L.A.R. Grizzly

Re: [resolved] AMO Downloads the Wrong File

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

jorgev wrote:I didn't change anything, so the fix might have been coincidental. Keep in mind that deleting a file on AMO and uploading a different file with the same version number can lead to various server bugs, including what you were experiencing. If you have a problem with a file, it's better to upload again with a new version number.

Thanks Jorge! In the future, I will upload corrections with a different version number. I hadn't run into this before. I guess you learn something new every day! #-o
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security