How to repair that downloaded Userstyle script? ;)

Discuss application theming and theme development.
SaphirJD

How to repair that downloaded Userstyle script? ;)

Post by SaphirJD »

Hello :)

Using this Userstyle Script already since quite a long time, but that does work good anymore in recent Firefox Versions, 20-23.

Perhaps anyone could take a look at that rather shortscript and give me back a variant which works again? Effect was that the Main Menu Entrys which are listed when you click at the orange Firefox Button are changed when Hovering over them with the mouse from Blue to Orange. But recently there is more and more a dropout of orange fields with every new version.

So...if someone would have time to take a look over that script and perhaps give me a version back which works again, for that i would be very thankful :) Since i have absolutely no knowledge about scripts i have n other option as to ask for help :(

http://userstyles.org/styles/46711/nasa-night-launch-glowy-orange-menu-highlights-2

mcdavis

Re: How to repair that downloaded Userstyle script? ;)

Post by mcdavis »

If you want to point out the ones that don't work, with screenshots, I can fix those. Thanks!

EDIT - Actually, it just occurred to me ... are you using this with the default theme? I didn't make any attempt to make it work with themes other than NNL. Is that what the problem is? (I'm using it myself with NNL.)
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
SaphirJD

Post by SaphirJD »

I use it with Nasa Night launch of course, otherwise it would make no sense since there would be even more blue borders instead of orange ones :D

But well... Blue Borders are under the options menu point (Menu Bar, Navigation Bar, Bookmarks ToolbarBar), some more Blue Borders appear under the Webdeveloper Menu Point (Toogle Tools, Developer Toolbar, Responsive Design View, Work Offline) and a Blue Border instead of an orange one is also to find if you hover over the Point Full Screen.

Hope that information helps restoring the wonderful nice Orange Borders again :D
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

SaphirJD wrote:I use it with Nasa Night launch of course, otherwise it would make no sense since there would be even more blue borders instead of orange ones

I don't know what's wrong with me but I've looked several times and don't see it .. if you want to post a screenshot that would help a lot.
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
SaphirJD

Post by SaphirJD »

Sure, here you have a link :)

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/9400/blueay.jpg

That is one of the elements which are appearing in a blue border instead of the orange glow..

Version of Test is Aurora V24 - And Elements which do appear like that are the following as written above:

Blue Borders are under the options menu point (Menu Bar, Navigation Bar, Bookmarks ToolbarBar), some more Blue Borders appear under the Webdeveloper Menu Point (Toogle Tools, Developer Toolbar, Responsive Design View, Work Offline) and a Blue Border instead of an orange one is also to find if you hover over the Point Full Screen.

Hope this helps :D