MozillaZine

Any scrollbar style like "always hide while show when scrol"

Discuss application theming and theme development.
clwulq8411

Post Posted June 6th, 2013, 11:54 pm

Is there any style like this:
The scrollbar always hides when I open the webpage. But when I scroll the page, then the scrollbar shows. And when I stop, the scrollbar hides again?

Aris

Post Posted June 8th, 2013, 9:00 am

Firefox scrollbars can not change 'on the fly'. They only load after a web page is loaded and not before or while it is loaded. So something like you requested is not possible.
Customize Firefox 57+ UI || Classic Theme Restorer (Fx 29-56) || Classic Toolbar Buttons || CustomizeMyBird

How to use legacy add-ons after Firefox 57 release? Switch to Firefox 52 ESR or move to Waterfox browser or Basilisk browser.

Philip Chee

Post Posted August 20th, 2013, 9:40 am

Aris wrote:Firefox scrollbars can not change 'on the fly'. They only load after a web page is loaded and not before or while it is loaded. So something like you requested is not possible.

I think on trunk Nightlies overlay scrollbars are available but only for OSX.

Phil

patrickjdempsey

Post Posted August 26th, 2013, 6:34 pm

Personally, I'd recommend avoiding custom scrollbars all together. They've been broken since early in Firefox 4.0 development and are not likely to ever be fixed. The problem is that any images used on the scrollbars might randomly not load for a session. That means if your whole scrollbar controls are images, they won't load at all... if you only have the arrows and the grippies as images, then those won't appear.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/

Return to Theme Development