Any scrollbar style like "always hide while show when scrol"

Discuss application theming and theme development.
clwulq8411

Any scrollbar style like "always hide while show when scrol"

Post by clwulq8411 »

Is there any style like this:
The scrollbar always hides when I open the webpage. But when I scroll the page, then the scrollbar shows. And when I stop, the scrollbar hides again?
Aris

Re: Any scrollbar style like "always hide while show when sc

Post by Aris »

Firefox scrollbars can not change 'on the fly'. They only load after a web page is loaded and not before or while it is loaded. So something like you requested is not possible.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Aris wrote:Firefox scrollbars can not change 'on the fly'. They only load after a web page is loaded and not before or while it is loaded. So something like you requested is not possible.

I think on trunk Nightlies overlay scrollbars are available but only for OSX.

Phil
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Personally, I'd recommend avoiding custom scrollbars all together. They've been broken since early in Firefox 4.0 development and are not likely to ever be fixed. The problem is that any images used on the scrollbars might randomly not load for a session. That means if your whole scrollbar controls are images, they won't load at all... if you only have the arrows and the grippies as images, then those won't appear.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/