Add-ons for Australis contest - theme category

Discuss application theming and theme development.
jorgev

Add-ons for Australis contest - theme category

Post by jorgev »

Firefox 29 will most likely be the first Firefox release that supports the Australis theme, moving to beta next week and final release on late April.

Between March 11 – April 15, 2014 we're running an add-on development contest for Australis, focusing on those that take full advantage of the new design. This includes a complete theme category, so we hope to see new submission from you :). A panel of judges will pick one winner and two runners-up from each prize category.

All winners will receive Firefox OS phones, and the first-prize winners in each category will also receive a collection of Mozilla gear.

Get the full details here: https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/australis-overview/
Jorge Villalobos
Add-ons Developer Relations Lead, Mozilla
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Re: Add-ons for Australis contest - theme category

Post by joeg »

Thanks.

I had seen the info about the contest. I guess there's still uncertainty though.

"Firefox 29 will most likely be ..."
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

Thank you Jorge.
I have seen this info 2 days ago in the blog.
I will post the updated version of my theme around April 15, because the new version will be only compatible with Firefox 29+ and not with old versions (too much differences between Firefox and Firefox Australis that cannot live together).
I hope that when Firefox 29 will move to beta, daily changes of the internal code will be limited. Every week, I must post a new beta version of my theme, because the code is full changed and the appearance is broken.
Well, in seven weeks, we will know how users will receive the new interface. It will come quickly...
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

jorgev wrote:Between March 11 – April 15, 2014 we're running an add-on development contest for Australis, focusing on those that take full advantage of the new design.

jorgev, with the top prize being a 25 buck phone and some cuddly toys, it looks more like taking full advantage of the new developers to me.

Luckily for you guys, I have three themes I made back in January that I've been holding back till nearer Aust Release. I'll take the publicity of #1, #2 and #3 off you, but you can keep those prizes, better still, send them to a charity for kids.

Jeeze, this stuff sounds like a YouToob vid of that Nigerian TV show where the top prize was a toaster!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
jorgev

Post by jorgev »

Frank Lion wrote:
jorgev wrote:Between March 11 – April 15, 2014 we're running an add-on development contest for Australis, focusing on those that take full advantage of the new design.

jorgev, with the top prize being a 25 buck phone and some cuddly toys, it looks more like taking full advantage of the new developers to me.

The prize phone will be much higher-end than the planned $25 dollar phone. I don't think we know the exact model yet, but it certainly won't be cheap.
Jorge Villalobos
Add-ons Developer Relations Lead, Mozilla
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

jorgev wrote:The prize phone will be much higher-end than the planned $25 dollar phone. I don't think we know the exact model yet, but it certainly won't be cheap.

Do you honestly think that I could be induced by a prize of a high-end phone?

:-k

Yep, sounds good to me. The kid's charity will have to be content with just the cuddly toys.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)