MozillaZine

Metal Lion Sea Monkey & Silver Sea Monkey

Discuss application theming and theme development.
mightyglydd

Post Posted January 24th, 2017, 7:11 pm

Frank Lion wrote:strange twitch on hoverover

Well I only have one button and it's a Star, just changed the icon and yeah, that twitch would drive me bonkers! :shock:
#KeepFightingMichael

Frank Lion

Post Posted January 24th, 2017, 7:29 pm

mightyglydd wrote: :shock:

Weird one, eh? Still, it's fixed, who cares why it was breaking?

As an aside, far too many themers in the past have grown old well before their time in the mistaken belief that you have to understand the default theme, read bugs and everything else before you can fix anything. I never have and never attempt to, I just look at what's wrong and fix it using the simplest code appropriate and don't give a damn about understanding anything.

The words of this is my method of theming - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKC8pSFg1Vw

:P
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

mightyglydd

Post Posted January 24th, 2017, 8:03 pm

3pm Saturdays, METV :)
#KeepFightingMichael

Frank Lion

Post Posted February 17th, 2017, 11:42 am

UPDATES -

Metal Lion Silver Sea Monkey

Version ~ 2.0.5.2

Compatibility - SeaMonkey 2.1a1 - 2.49

- Thunderbird 34 - 52

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamon ... ea-monkey/

Metal Lion Sea Monkey

Version ~ 2.0.4.0

Compatibility - SeaMonkey 2.1a1 - 2.49

-Thunderbird 34 - 52

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamon ... ea-monkey/

CHANGELOG -

#1. Content scrollbars coding now contained within the theme, meaning small extra extension is no longer needed.

Exactly the same coding as previous version, I've just moved stuff around now that 'override' is accepted with theme chrome.manifest, so that everything is now completely unrelated to Firefox.

Frank :)

Support Link - http://franklion.co.uk/contact.html

STATUS - Fully Reviewed.

Last edited by Frank Lion on February 20th, 2017, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

mightyglydd

Post Posted February 20th, 2017, 4:48 pm

Frank Lion wrote:#1. Content scrollbars coding now contained within the theme, meaning small extra extension is no longer needed.
STATUS - Awaiting Review

Just got them via updates :)
Removed the Scrollbar extension. Scrollbars looking good.
#KeepFightingMichael

Frank Lion

Post Posted April 4th, 2017, 2:13 pm

Before I forget ....some people, including me, don't like the red/yellow security warning in the themes. However, to get through review I need to use something that catches the user's attention.

This sorts it -

Code: Select all
/*Franks Notification Bar Colour Fix...*/
#msgNotificationBar,.notification-inner  {
   background:#64992C !important;
   color: #000000 !important;}

jimfitter
Folder@Home

Post Posted April 5th, 2017, 2:58 pm

Code added, and thanks. :)
Only a mediocre person is always at his best. - William Somerset Maugham

Frank Lion

Post Posted May 1st, 2017, 4:53 am

Keep this next tip quiet, otherwise Pat will murder me. If you like everything about the Sea Fox ext. apart from it using an old style Addons Manager, then you can fix that.

Help>Troubleshoot Info> Open whatever> extensions>seafox@extensions.moz.xpi>chrome>content> and delete extensions.xul .Restart and you're done.

Easier to do than keep on trying to convince 'someone' that the Addons Manager stuff should be down as an option in Prefs. ;)

Frank Lion

Post Posted June 3rd, 2017, 2:08 am

I noticed that the grey padlock in the urlbar for a blue https site has, er, vanished. Fix will be in next update but, meantime, this fixes it -

Code: Select all
#identity-box[level="high"]:not([label]) > #identity-icon-lock {
    filter: url("chrome://mozapps/skin/extensions/extensions.svg#greyscale") !important;
   filter:  grayscale(1) !important;}

Return to Theme Development