Local stickies

Discuss application theming and theme development.
LoudNoise

Local stickies

Post by LoudNoise »

Are the stickies here still useful or should they be replaced with something else? If something else, what?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
LoudNoise

Re: Local stickies

Post by LoudNoise »

BTW, what I would like to see is a new YATT and an maintained "Firefox nightly theme changes "
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

hmmm, 31 views yet no posts. Curious that
Post wrangler
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Due to continuous changes, YATT seems like a near impossibility.... every time I think about attempting to build from scratch I get migraines. As a mostly-retired theme developer, I vote mcdavis's "Notes on Testing Themes" thread to be stickied.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Second vote for mcdavis thread.

Unfortunately I'm to busy with work and trying to update my themes to work with... Don't know, maybe Firefox 39?
I hope after that to get time to update the YATT article...
Silvermel - A Theme for Firefox and Thunderbird
YATT - Yet Another Theme Tutorial
Don't give a man a fish. Teach him how to fish instead.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

LoudNoise wrote:hmmm, 31 views yet no posts. Curious that

Not so curious. I view via a 'new posts' link, which lists new posts in all forums (wish I could edit which ones were shown...). To view the stickies, I'd have to go to the specific forum in question, which, of course, I tell myself I'll do when I get through the new messages, but never remember to do. #-o
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Ok, released "Firefox nightly theme changes" . I bookmarked it in my "Stickies folder" in case we want to find it again. "Notes on Testing Themes" is now a sticky.
Post wrangler
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

LoudNoise wrote:BTW, what I would like to see is a new YATT and an maintained "Firefox nightly theme changes "

That would be so great.
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

I started some YATT-style illustrations way back when Jorge was requesting new Theme Dev documentation.... but they keep changing things so I'm not sure where to go with that.

Edit: 2013 version of that illustration:
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

A combination of a new YATT and "Notes on Testing Themes" would work as long as there were links back and forth. The original YATTS was a living thread, the stuff on the first few pages became gibberish later on. 4.0 and Jorge sucking up to "deemphasizing" themes movement from his paymasters killed it. There isn't a reason to not try again.
Post wrangler