MozillaZine

How to change the urlbar richtext results colors?

Discuss application theming and theme development.
patrickjdempsey

Post Posted June 30th, 2015, 2:40 pm

It's probably possible to get the color in the Win 8+ flat scheme using an extension, but a theme wouldn't have access to that.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/

avada

Post Posted June 30th, 2015, 3:29 pm

patrickjdempsey wrote:It's probably possible to get the color in the Win 8+ flat scheme using an extension, but a theme wouldn't have access to that.

Well there are extensions that modify themes/css.

patrickjdempsey

Post Posted June 30th, 2015, 3:38 pm

Not that you care, but this is the Theme Development forum.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/

avada

Post Posted July 1st, 2015, 2:02 am

I believe we were still talking about theme modification.
Anyways it all became theoretical since you mentioned that what I wanted cannot be done.

avada

Post Posted July 1st, 2015, 3:37 am

Frank Lion wrote:
avada wrote:This works also. (I see this way it also affects other selected text, which might be good)

Yep, that's how it works. I started by coding it to be url/searchbar specific and then realised that if an OS selected background/text colour is crap (most are) then really they should all be changed, so that's what I did.

Could you also tell how to change color when the selection doesn't have focus? For example when the window is in the background.

Frank Lion

Post Posted July 1st, 2015, 5:25 am

avada wrote:Could you also tell how to change color when the selection doesn't have focus? For example when the window is in the background.

No idea, I only spend time coding stuff that people need and no one has ever asked for that...and it's unlikely they ever would.
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

Return to Theme Development