Qute is in - skin authors read this.

Discuss application theming and theme development.
MoNkaholic

Post by MoNkaholic »

djst wrote:I don't understand what you mean. The small icons are using the exact same color intensity and contrast as the large ones. I've even compared them in Photoshop.

Ah yes, but you see even if they do use the same color intensity it may need to be greater to show the same level of contrast at smaller sizes.

Eyes are funny things, kind of like how circles look smaller than squares with the same diameter.

I'm really unsure if it's the contrast or the spacing or both. What I do know is that the small icons are missing something.
djst

Post by djst »

MoNkaholic wrote:Eyes are funny things, kind of like how circles look smaller than squares with the same diameter.

That's because they <i>are</i> smaller.

pi * r * r < 2r * 2r
MoNkaholic

Post by MoNkaholic »

djst wrote:That's because they <i>are</i> smaller.

pi * r * r < 2r * 2r

I'm saying if both a square and a circle have a diameter of say 5 they wont even look like they have the same diameter.

Anyway another example would be <a href="http://www.drunkenmonk.net/images/illusion.jpg">this</a> which is supposed to make you think that the white in the center is brighter than the white on the corners, when their in fact the same.

All I'm saying is just because the numbers may be right, it doesn't mean it will be right in practice.
thenightfly42

Post by thenightfly42 »

MoNkaholic wrote:I'm saying if both a square and a circle have a diameter of say 5 they wont even look like they have the same diameter.

Hmm, diameter of a square, don't remember covering that one in geometry... ;)
And, of course, "Pie are not square. Pie are round; cornbread are square."

(We now return you to the interrupted thread, already in progress.)
MoNkaholic

Post by MoNkaholic »

OMG... people completely sidestep the point for no reason... ack... the word diameter can also mean width... BAH! Leave me alone I'm going to my room. :P
djst

Post by djst »

MoNkaholic wrote:OMG... people completely sidestep the point for no reason... ack... the word diameter can also mean width... BAH! Leave me alone I'm going to my room. :P

:) No I got your point. But I still think the contrast looks the same on both sizes of the icons.
Arvid Axelsson

Post by Arvid Axelsson »

Updated. Now there is an icon for General.
ehume

Post by ehume »

Arvid Axelsson wrote:Updated. Now there is an icon for General.
Where shall we look? Deskmod or Mozdev or Texturizer?

Edit: Ah, yes. Found it on Texturizer. But the blurb there says it was updated 2003-02-11.
Last edited by ehume on February 25th, 2003, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.
MoNkaholic

Post by MoNkaholic »

Cute, really like the option icons as a whole :). Only qualm of mine would be the gray mouse-over used on the option icons, but that might just be me.

Out of curiosity, how many beta's of 1.0 do you plan on releasing
before the final release?

[ Edit: I don't know where else it may be found, but I do know that Arvid's website has all things Qute ]
leoz

stretchable search?

Post by leoz »

Thanks for a great theme, Arvid!

The only problem I am having with it is that I don't like the fact that the google search bar that I placed next to my menu at the top now takes up all the space available to it.

I liked it to be just a small thing in a corner - the way it is now, I very often click there instead of in the Location edit control.

Is there a way for me to get the old behavior back?

Thanks!

(In the top line, I currently have the menu bar, a flexible space (which I expect to take up as much space as possible) and the google search bar. When I installed Qute, the search bar expanded to become enormously huge.).
Arvid Axelsson

Post by Arvid Axelsson »

ehume wrote:Where shall we look? Deskmod or Mozdev or Texturizer?
Phoenix help links to the file on my site.

MoNkaholic wrote:Cute, really like the option icons as a whole . Only qualm of mine would be the gray mouse-over used on the option icons, but that might just be me.
I thought it would be a good idea to somehow have it follow the interface colors.

MoNkaholic wrote:Out of curiosity, how many beta's of 1.0 do you plan on releasing before the final release?
Primarily I was thinking of finishing the Options icons. Not that it matters what it's called.
cheeaun

Post by cheeaun »

Am I seeing things here? <a href="http://www.opera-fansite.de/skins/qute.html">Qute for Opera</a>?
Phoenity http://phoenity.com/
You should follow me on Twitter here http://twitter.com/cheeaun
MoNkaholic

Post by MoNkaholic »

Well it has the permission thing there, so I suppose your not seeing things... then again it could be one of those group-type dellusions.
RIV@NVX

Post by RIV@NVX »

When will this Qute (with icons in options) be included in default phoenix package?

I like 1.0 beta 4 ;)

Also, when will Phat Edtion be updated to 1.0?
Why would you even consider to use the OS that is older and more obsolete than your computer?
See, that's just one of the reasons why I pick Linux.
seb

Post by seb »

RIV@NVX wrote:When will this Qute (with icons in options) be included in default phoenix package?
pch just checked the icons in.