Shift Themes Development

Discuss application theming and theme development.
C. Nicks

Shift Themes Development

Post by C. Nicks »

This is a forum for the development of the Shift Themes project. I would like to hear opinions, suggestions, and bugs. If you have any ideas, please post them. Also if you have any userchrome mods for any of the Shift themes, please post them. I would like to thank everybody who uses the Shift themes.

This forum is very old and therefore you should skip to the last pages to get current information.
Last edited by C. Nicks on October 21st, 2008, 5:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.
-C. Nicks-
C. Nicks

Post by C. Nicks »

I would also like to add that I am looking for experienced Firefox users to Beta test my themes. I also need extension compatability testers. If you would like to participate, please e-mail me at "shift.themes@gmail.com"
Last edited by C. Nicks on February 21st, 2006, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-C. Nicks-
0xAF

Post by 0xAF »

cool
i like the theme ...
im asking for your green theme ... becouse my desktop is green oriented... and this red color is not for me ...
the theme is great ... tnx a lot ;]
Old MTD

Post by Old MTD »

C. Nicks wrote:I also need extension compatability testers.

The RedShift theme shows the same extension incompatibility issues like Elric Erekose´s themes BlackJapan and Aquatint.
It doesn´t work at all with the <a href="http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/tabextensions/index.html.en">tabbrowser extension (TBE)</a> (Brndn_4 post´s on this <a href="http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=371733">thread</a>)
If you select the option "show tab close button on pointed tabs" in the <a href="https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=1122">TabMix Plus extension</a> (Extension Options>Display>Tab) the right side of the close tab button is cut off.

Nice dark theme by the way.
SpeedingBullet

Post by SpeedingBullet »

RedShift just updated for me. The one thing that I noticed right away was that the arrows for the address pulldown menu and the go button changed their style. Now they're kind of 2D instead of 3D. This isn't a huge deal, but I really did like the old style of arrows.
C. Nicks

Post by C. Nicks »

Thank You MTD for pointing those issues out. The bug has been fixed with Tab Mix Plus and will be released with 1.05. TBE has terrible reviews about stability and I believe that I would probably have to edit the actual extension to get it to work. I will leave that to the author. For now I will suggest Tab Mix.

SpeedingBullet, I appreciate your input. I will try to blend the visibility of the 2d with the 3d style button. I was just having problems with the old one and put up a quick fix. The new style will be updated in 1.05.

-Thanks again for all the help-
-C. Nicks-
Stu27

Bookmark Management is an issue

Post by Stu27 »

Hi, I am new so don't want to step on any toes, but have just been trying to manage my bookmarks in RedShift....
A) no text under buttons in bookmark manager (and no option to turn text on in manager) which for n00bs like me is difficult
B) Seems to be bugs regarding movement of bookmarks- either take a looooong time to move, or don't move at all
Had to resort back to Noia 2.0 (eXtreme) to manage properly.
All that said, LOVE the RedShift theme! Now that I have my bookmarks back in order I will be switching straight back to it :)
Keep up the great work
C. Nicks