Shift Themes Development

Discuss application theming and theme development.
Dartman

Re: Shift Themes Development

Post by Dartman »

Hi everyone.

To give you some information about the Shift Themes: Talking with C. Nicks, he doesn't have the time right now to work on the themes. While I have been a tester since day one, I plan on helping in the actual creating of the themes in the future. The problem is, neither one of us has free time to work on them. We're hoping to get something out for Firefox 4... If we can get the time to work on them.

Sorry for not keeping you up to date on this as well. Also, RedShift will work with Firefox 3.6, with a few flaws. It just needs to be forced to work.
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.
jivko

Post by jivko »

I guess we won't see the 3.6 version after all.Are there plans for Firefox 4?This theme is nice and I'd like to use it again. :)
Cato62

Post by Cato62 »

Add me to that list!
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul." ~ Heraclites, 500 B.C.

The Blood Series: BloodFire, BloodFire 3, BloodThunder, BloodSun, & BloodSong
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

jivko wrote:I guess we won't see the 3.6 version after all.Are there plans for Firefox 4?This theme is nice and I'd like to use it again. :)

I am puzzled don't you make themes?

Edit: Oh I see now many of them are based on redshift code :-"
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Cato62

Post by Cato62 »

malliz wrote:
jivko wrote:I guess we won't see the 3.6 version after all.Are there plans for Firefox 4?This theme is nice and I'd like to use it again. :)

Yeah, Malliz, there are MANY of us that used RedShift as a starting point. And even asked Cameron for permission! :D
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul." ~ Heraclites, 500 B.C.

The Blood Series: BloodFire, BloodFire 3, BloodThunder, BloodSun, & BloodSong
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

I have few problems with that but perhaps you should be careful about your associates. I will give you a comment jivko made on Blue shift

by Jivko Evgeniev on August 17, 2009 #

You're a big liar.A couple of months ago I asked if it's ok to update Blue Shift for Firefox 3 because the theme descriptions says that this theme is no-longer supported.You said that you'll update this theme when Firefox 3.5 come out.Firefox 3.5 came out 2 months ago and there is no sing of work on this theme.It's a shame really.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-Us/firefo ... 8/reviews/
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

Alright guys, just relax.

C. Nicks is dealing with real life issues and currently has not done anything to the themes. I'm try to get things going again, but lack of time is a major problem. Also, we're debating on just updating it, so to speak or to redesign it. I like the themes the way they are which means it's harder to come up with new design ideas.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Dartman, there are a few threads going in this forum with tips on some of the new things on board for Firefox 4.0. Of course, if you don't have 3.6 compatibility yet you'll also have to catch up with a few of those things, specifically the new plugins handlers. Once B7 is out of the stables I'll be updating my threads and work can really begin. There are still bugs landing everyday that make me glad I haven't jumped head over heels on getting everything updated yet.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
jivko

Post by jivko »

malliz wrote:

I make themes a but this doesn't mean that I use only my themes.I respect all theme developers and people who are somehow connected to themes and it's a shame that people are not updating or giving up their work. :(
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Why so you can take it and rebrand it or call them Liars when they are unable to meet your deadline? All in all you have shown what you are by your words and actions.
"Terry Pratchett"
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

patrickjdempsey wrote:Dartman, there are a few threads going in this forum with tips on some of the new things on board for Firefox 4.0. Of course, if you don't have 3.6 compatibility yet you'll also have to catch up with a few of those things, specifically the new plugins handlers. Once B7 is out of the stables I'll be updating my threads and work can really begin. There are still bugs landing everyday that make me glad I haven't jumped head over heels on getting everything updated yet.

Thanks for the information Patrick. Now to find time...
jivko wrote:I respect all theme developers and people who are somehow connected to themes and it's a shame that people are not updating or giving up their work. :(

If you respect all theme developers and contributors then you should understand that it's not a shame they are not updating or giving up their work. You would also know that real life comes first and if that happens to delay a project, or completely shut it down, then that's the way it is. End of discussion.
jivko

Post by jivko »

Dartman wrote:
patrickjdempsey wrote:Dartman, there are a few threads going in this forum with tips on some of the new things on board for Firefox 4.0. Of course, if you don't have 3.6 compatibility yet you'll also have to catch up with a few of those things, specifically the new plugins handlers. Once B7 is out of the stables I'll be updating my threads and work can really begin. There are still bugs landing everyday that make me glad I haven't jumped head over heels on getting everything updated yet.

Thanks for the information Patrick. Now to find time...
jivko wrote:I respect all theme developers and people who are somehow connected to themes and it's a shame that people are not updating or giving up their work. :(

If you respect all theme developers and contributors then you should understand that it's not a shame they are not updating or giving up their work. You would also know that real life comes first and if that happens to delay a project, or completely shut it down, then that's the way it is. End of discussion.

I know that real life is more important but it's not right to promise to things and not to do them.As far as I can remember C.Nick wrote that he'd update the other colors too.That was back in the FF 3 days.No offence Dartman I don't want to argue with you.Have a nice day and good luck with the theme and real life projects or whatever you guys are dealing with :)
ORCACommander

Post by ORCACommander »

wooohoo loving the update guys couple problems to report though

Tab Mix Plus: the button on the right that closes tabs one by one. the x mark changed right but there is a big cream colored box around it

Yahoo mail. the status bar spasmodically resizes itself when reading the mail do to the hundreds of micro refreshes
jivko

Post by jivko »

Tried the theme.Looks good.Few small bugs here and there.The gradient backgrounds for the viewButtons.png for both Addons and page info windows are missing.Here's how to fix them.Open extensions.css and pageinfo.css and search for .viewSelector . When you find it change it with #topBar.This should make the gradients appear again. :) Also there's a missing close button for the side bar.I haven't found a solution for this but I hope that reporting this bug will help. :)
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

For those of you that don't know, RedShift V4, for Firefox 4 was released on March 21st. It's available to download at the following link. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... dshift-v4/

Also, the Shift Themes has its own forum now. Bug reporting and support should be sought at the following link. http://forum.shift-themes.com/

Come join us!