Shift Themes Development

Discuss application theming and theme development.
NexusPrime

Post by NexusPrime »

My girlfriend is wanting the pinkshift theme so 2 questions when do you think it will be done? And do youstill need a tester? If you do need a tester i would be more than happy to help you.
jaybee7

Post by jaybee7 »

When do you think we might see the first of the shift themes be updated to work with the latest Bon Echo?
<a href="http://www.bothofus.org">Both of Us</a>
C. Nicks

From Author

Post by C. Nicks »

For the Bon Echo project, I cannot just release a version that works with it. I will need to create a different download for a compatable version because so many things have been changed. For now you can modify the install.rdf file to include 2.0 which gives you a partial working theme. I will try to start on that project as soon as I can. If you need a download that already has the modifed install file, E-mail me at shift.themes@gmail.com. Thanks.
-C. Nicks-
Stubs

Post by Stubs »

I can't wait to see the rest of the shift series.
Neverrmind

Post by Neverrmind »

HI, i found the orginal theme of firefox bad, i have installed blueschift theme

first i close the browser and later i cant start firefox

plz help me (this is IE)

email=mega_thommy@hotmail.com
or pm me
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

I helped Neverrmind via PM. A reinstall of Firefox apparently solved the problem.
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.
Neverrmind

Post by Neverrmind »

DartMan wrote:I helped Neverrmind via PM. A reinstall of Firefox apparently solved the problem.
the problem is helped but on the image https://addons.mozilla.org/images/previews/blueshift-2.jpg you see that whole the screen is filled with black and blue
On my screen is everything filled with normally windows colors, how do you change it ?
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Go to Tools > Themes, select BlueShift, click Use Theme, and restart Firefox.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
Neverrmind

Post by Neverrmind »

XerBlade wrote:Go to Tools > Themes, select BlueShift, click Use Theme, and restart Firefox.
but i mean that on the image whole the screen is black and blue and on my desk only above
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

ismewor wrote:Hi,
First off thanks for creating this nice theme for firefox. i got a small problem, may be already fix for the new release. but if i can get a quick plugin that would be nice.
1. the Active title bar is still Blue (window default) is there away to change that to black to match your theme as well?

Thanks,
ismewor
DartMan wrote:Ismewor, in regards to your question. I asked that same question a while back. Please see page two of this forum for the answer and links that you need to go to. There are several comments/questions about this issue on page two alone. You could also change the blue default to XP's Silver which I think looks the best, or to Olive Green. P.S. My screen name is DartMan.

Neverrmind, what you are referring to, is not actually part of the "Shift Themes." It's actually another type of theme not associated with Firefox, or the "Shift Themes." Read the information and links before attempting to try it.
Neverrmind

Post by Neverrmind »

DartMan wrote:
ismewor wrote:Hi,
First off thanks for creating this nice theme for firefox. i got a small problem, may be already fix for the new release. but if i can get a quick plugin that would be nice.
1. the Active title bar is still Blue (window default) is there away to change that to black to match your theme as well?

Thanks,
ismewor
DartMan wrote:Ismewor, in regards to your question. I asked that same question a while back. Please see page two of this forum for the answer and links that you need to go to. There are several comments/questions about this issue on page two alone. You could also change the blue default to XP's Silver which I think looks the best, or to Olive Green. P.S. My screen name is DartMan.

Neverrmind, what you are referring to, is not actually part of the "Shift Themes." It's actually another type of theme not associated with Firefox, or the "Shift Themes." Read the information and links before attempting to try it.
I have that already done that but its very difficoult to see that, i like the shift theme but if the menu bar and the titel bar also on black its nicer than

if you had the link for downloading a theme give it ;)
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

There are countless "dark themes" for Windows out there, and which you use is entirely a matter of personal taste, plus, they can be incredibly easy to find, so I suggest you do just that. Personally, I use a Vista-clone skin with it, and think it looks great like that. Heck, I personally thought it looked fine already with the Media Center theme.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
Oldfart

Post by Oldfart »

I think the 'Shift' themes are absolutely delightful (though I think I will give pink a miss...). Thank you very much C. Nicks - I might even contribute money, by way of thanks!

I've had no significant problems with them - even using 'make compatible' with bon echo. And, of course, I eagerly anticipate matching Thunderbird themes.

The only significant 'tweak' I would like is for someone to write an extension which would cause Firefox to randomly switch between the 'shift' themes installed - allowing exclusions, of course!
David
nightowl_666

Little "holes" on Colorful Tabs

Post by nightowl_666 »

Hi everyone

I had an old (1.04) version of RedShift, but have now discovered the update and installed Blue, Orange and Gold as well. Thank you, C.Nicks, I love the dark themes.

I'm just having one little glitch with Colorful Tabs: with any Shift theme loaded, I get a little "hole" at each end of each tab where the background black and blue of the theme shows through, like this:

(image should be clickable)

Enabling/disabling the Colorful Tabs fix only affects the text colour on the tabs. I don't think it's a system display problem because I don't get the holes when using non-Shift themes. I wondered if it might be something to do with FavIcons and tried disabling them from the About: in the themes window, but it didn't have any effect. Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks again

--
Nowl
Dartman

reply about tab problem

Post by Dartman »

I use Tab Mix Plus and do not have that problem. However, when I disable TMP. My tabs look similar to yours. I'm not sure what could be causing that, but try disabling (not uninstalling) your extensions one at a time to see if that corrects the issue. In the mean time, I'll try to figure out what might be causing this. Thanks