Phoenity 0.2

Discuss application theming and theme development.

Do you like Phoenity 0.2?

Poll ended at November 14th, 2002, 4:36 am

Awesome! I'm in love with it.
38%
Good. So what?
41%
Hmm.. I'm not that excited.
12%
Hey, other themes are better than yours!
No votes
Sucks :P
6%
Worst than a shit.
3%

Total votes: 34

flii

Post by flii »

JC wrote:the Go button seems to be a little bit bigger than the other icons. Is that just me?

cheeaun wrote:The close button and the close button is 20x20 pixel, almost like the height of the address bar and also the tabs. Actually, the 0.1 version has even bigger "Go" button (24x24pixel), if you notice.

it's always seemed bigger to me, too jc, in the sense that it's far apart from the surrounding things, not taller. maybe the spacing between the go button and the throbber is wrong? (when aligned like ie, anyway)

about changing the throbber, cheeaun, i thought you had asked for ideas or something about it earlier, and was following up on that. i must have you confused with someone else. :) sorry bout that.

question, though... when i click "bookmarks" for example, then realize i don't want that menu, so i click "bookmarks" again to close it, it doesn't close. does this have to do with my nightly or the theme?
joha

Great work and a small bug

Post by joha »

Hi

I like the theme so much, that I'm considering to change my window coloring theme (khaki/gold/brass) to something that better becomes your theme. :)

Now to the bug I noticed:( The tabstrip get all jumpy when I hover over the tab-closing button. When I hover on it, the tab strip shrinks one pixel in height, close iconis replaced with a small empty button. Then the button is drawn again with the close-icon inside it and the tab strip grows back to normal again.
I don't know if this is a bug in Phoenix or in the theme, but I have not noticed this on any other theme in phoenix, but I think that I've seen similar behaviour on some mozilla theme.
I'm using Phoenix 0.4 on RH 7.3 linux with KDE. I've set my fonts to Verdana in Gnome and enabled anti-aliasing in xft, Gnome & KDE.
joha
tetsujin

great theme!

Post by tetsujin »

I love the icons and bright colours.

Your avatar is pretty cool too, it'd be interesting to see that as the throbber.
Kent

Post by Kent »

Very good. Simple, clean, consistent. I especially like the tab throbber things. Nicely done.

Although I do think inphoenity would be a better name. But that could just be me.

/ Kent
"Birds do it, why can't I?"
greg

Post by greg »

Hmm, for some reason I like phusion more.

There's also an ugly issue with phoenity for me: When I click on some folder on the bookmarkbar, the bar grows by 1-2 pixels, rescaling the complete content window. This is really bad :/

I'm on FreeBSD using the linux 0.4 binary.
whiprush

Post by whiprush »

This theme rocks!

My only quirk with it is the bookmarks group icon. I guess it's supposed to be a page in a folder, but it looks like an orange/yellow square on top of a light blue one. :)

Keep up the great work.
JohnSoLo

Re: Phoenity 0.2

Post by JohnSoLo »

cheeaun, have you noticed that when you put the bookmark toolbar next to the menu bar, it grows in height? is this something you can fix? hopefully we can shine a light on this subject...

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=177454