Pinstripe XP (Cross Platform) for Firebird

Discuss application theming and theme development.
jx3000

Post by jx3000 »

Kevin can you please update the Go button, and make it flat? Looking at it and the rest of the theme it looks a little off because it uses a 3d button whereas everything else is flat.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~vinosj/ ... stripe.png
Risen from the ashes....
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

The theme looks awesome when in XP, though odd once you switch it to classic view.

The white line between the different toolbars makes it look weird. Otherwise, great work.
jasonhk

Post by jasonhk »

Bacon wrote:The theme looks awesome when in XP, though odd once you switch it to classic view.

The white line between the different toolbars makes it look weird. Otherwise, great work.

i want it~
where can i download it???
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

i want it~

Um, the first page...?
Hugivald

Post by Hugivald »

This is actually an issue with both the default theme and this one (although more obvious in this theme). Anyway.. The thing is that while the icons on the toolbar look like buttons, another button shows up underneath when you point at it. That makes it look like there's a button on a button, and it gets worse on the back/forward buttons as shown on the screenshot.
It might just be a matter of taste, but three layers of buttons look wierd to me. Maybe you could make it behave like the throbber or something?
I AM A BANANA!
ozphactor

Post by ozphactor »

^I second that.

I'm guessing that this port was just a modification of the default theme, so the "button-within-a-button" outlines carried over. Since the actual toolbar graphics are supposed to look and act as buttons, I favor removing the extra outline effects...
dotcomian

Post by dotcomian »

I second jx3000 & hugivald.

It'll be also nice to add some popular extension's toolbar button, ie. Toolbar Enhancement, CompactMenu, Trivial, etc. I'm sure the author would be happy to work with you on that.
I'm renaming 'Internet Explorer' to 'Windows Updater'.
VinceVW

Post by VinceVW »

Bacon wrote:The theme looks awesome when in XP, though odd once you switch it to classic view.

I confirm the oddness in classic view XP. There's like a 5 cm (1.5 inch?) space between the back and forward buttons. :shock:
ozphactor

Post by ozphactor »

5 cm (1.5 inch?)

Heh, how'd you get those dimensions? By putting a ruler to your monitor? :P
1o9

Post by 1o9 »

Sexy! But alot of details still need work such as the credits window and the download manager.

Anways I love it -- I'm using it now.
jx3000

Post by jx3000 »

How did you get it like that? I mean on the left where it says "Menu", did you use an extension?
Risen from the ashes....
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »

How did you get it like that? I mean on the left where it says "Menu", did you use an extension?

http://cdn.mozdev.org/compact/
jasonhk

Post by jasonhk »

Bacon wrote:
i want it~

Um, the first page...?

thanks your reply...

but i can not install it by "Themer" ....

it have use the "Nightly update" version Firefox..

do i need to set somethings to use this theme?

(i am Hong Kong people~ my english is poor...)
Relativity_17

Post by Relativity_17 »

Here's a head's up: if you have TBE enabled, your tab throbbers will not be functional, and the default page favicon won't show either.
alienvenom

Post by alienvenom »

Works great for me, except the download manager is a little nasty. :-\