Pinstripe XP (Cross Platform) for Firebird

Discuss application theming and theme development.
Masticator

Post by Masticator »

What's up with the "Downloads Pannel" button [on the left of my menubar just to the right of the "RSS" buton]? BTW this button puts the download manager in my sidepannel.

http://66.36.174.145/menubar.png

Also the Searchbar can be modified following the instructions in the Firefox Tips & Tricks
http://texturizer.net/firefox/tips.html ... rchbarsize
ozphactor

Post by ozphactor »

Pinstripe-Charamel? Sweeet... :D
LStatie

I cannot find a toolbarbutton.css file on my PC

Post by LStatie »

gahbmwM5 wrote:Thanks guys for your replies, as I am also trying a variation of this theme with different tabs being ported by a couple members (joint effort) @Aqua Communities, and display results are the same...

Oh well, will keep checking back on this thread and also the thread @Aqua-soft (members only)

***EDIT***

XF, ok man as I used the code by Sailfish in the above thread that you so kindly posted, and alas, my Toolbar icons are 'now' properly spaced!

There are a couple of other issues, that I will make note of to 'point out' to the members porting it @Aqua-soft, but at least my issue with the 'abnormally spaced out' Toolbar icons is solved!

"Dan Kies, all I did was add the following statement to my global\toolbarbutton.css stylesheet and it seemed to fix both cases of dropped dropmarkers?"

Code:
.toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker,
.toolbarbutton-menu-dropmarker {
-moz-image-region: auto; /* cut off inheritance */
}

Can someone please help ? I looked at both the Firefox & the applicationdata/phoenix folder. Then I searched the whole harddrive and there is no toolbarbutton.css file. Where can I get this file to add manually?
gahbmwM5

Post by gahbmwM5 »

Sure, you need to open up the Pinstripe.jar in WinRAR, and navigate to \global\toolbarbutton.css------->extract this 'toolbarbutton.css' file within the \global folder...

Then add the above code supplied by Sailfish and then close up WinRAR, and when you reopen your browser, your Pinstripe theme, will 'not' have the abnormally spaced Toolbar icons...

***Make sure when doing the above mods/tweaks that Firefox is closed...

Good luck...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0b7) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b7
peaveyman

Post by peaveyman »

I was having trouble with the abnormally spaced Toolbar icons when I upgraded to another nightly build of Firefox, but this code did the trick.

Thanks
LStatie

Post by LStatie »

I added the code and am still seeing abnormally spaced forward & Back buttons. I added the code in different places in toolbar.css, but no go. Any ideas?
peaveyman

Post by peaveyman »

You need to add the code to the "toolbarbutton.css file in the global folder. I put the code at the very bottom and it is working great for me.
Anthropic

Post by Anthropic »

It's not working for me with the 2-20 build.
gahbmwM5

Post by gahbmwM5 »

The above code by Sailfish, one of our treasured themers, works for me on all the trunk builds since the 20090209 Milestone Release -branch build that I have used: this includes the following 'trunk' builds:
Stipe's 20040219 -O2-GL6-SSE build
Stipe's 20040211 -O2-GL6-SSE build

Scragz's 20040205 -O2-G6-SSE build

Lohvarn's 20040219 -O2-G6-GL-GA-SSE build
Lohvarn's 20040220 -O2-G6-GL-GA-SSE build

I might add (not theme related-but had to put this is)...all the above builds using the 'jpeg image patch' have all worked well on my P3...

All have had 'good stability' on my system (I only use '1' Ext-Compact Menu), and the 2/19 - 2/20 'trunk builds' have the additional string code, which (by my perception, and various test pges) have produced the fastest Firefox for me to date...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0b7) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b7
Anthropic

Post by Anthropic »

Ok, I've got it to work with Lohvarn's 2-20 SSE build.
mcic1984

Post by mcic1984 »

I am using pinstripe xp - great theme - but I was wondering why the icons in Tools --> Options don't match up properly.

Specifically:

- The "Advanced" pane has the "Download" icon
- The "Downloads" pane has the "Themes" icon
- The "Themes" pane has the "Extensions" icon
- The "Extensions" pane has the "Advanced" icon

Is this a result of different pane orders in Windows/Linux and Mac OS X? Or is it another problem?
(The screenshots of Pinstripe with Charamel at http://www.geocities.com/jyn989/ shows what I mean -- the same problem applies to the vanilla [default] version of pinstripe xp too)

P.S. Looking forward to a 0.8(+) specific version with the about screens and various fixes too - and great work!
shad0w

Post by shad0w »

Someone's already been doing this...

http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/index.ph ... 11086&st=0

There's is finished and works quite nicely. I suggest getting compact menu's too so you can get rid of the menu bar.
emtp563

Post by emtp563 »

Hi guys- I'm a member of the Aqua-Soft community. Here is what we have so far: (this has been a collective effort ;-) )

laketrout

Post by laketrout »

Hi emtp563, theme looks great. I poked around the Aqua-soft site and can't find a link to your theme. Where might it be so I could try it?

Edit:
Found it in the forums.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b2) Gecko/20060912 BonEcho/2.0b2
Anthropic

Post by Anthropic »

Got a link?