Pinstripe XP (Cross Platform) for Firebird

Discuss application theming and theme development.
kyods

Post by kyods »

Well, sure. Open your pinstripe.jar, navigate to /browser, open browser.css in the editor. Find this piece of code:

Code: Select all

.bookmark-item > .toolbarbutton-icon {
  margin: 0px;
  display: none;

}

and replace it with:

width: 16px;
  height: 16px;
}

This should do the trick.
NetOne

Post by NetOne »

Yes, as you said, displaying the bookmark icon for bookmark fold seems not that good. So I use the following code to display only the icons for bookmark items:

/* Do not display the bookmark folder icon */
.bookmark-item[type="menu"] > .toolbarbutton-icon {
  margin: 0px;
  display: none;

}
/* Display the bookmark icon */
  width: 16px;
  height: 16px;
}

And some little changes to browser.xml are also needed: change "xul:space" to "xul:image". Otherwise there are still no icons for bookmark items.

But I'm just wondering why the bookmark item dosen't change when there is website customized icon for that bookmark item?

Thanks again, Kyods!
NetOne

Post by NetOne »

Thanks Kyods, I got my problem sovled finally.

The reason for the much thicker toolbar is the padding and margin added in browser/browser.css file in the following code:

#urlbar > .autocomplete-textbox-container {
 background-image: url('chrome://browser/skin/leftcap.png');
 background-position: left;
 background-repeat: no-repeat;
 background-color: transparent; 
 padding-left: 0px;
 padding-top: 8px;
 padding-bottom: 9px;
 margin-bottom:0px;
}

And there are also padding and margin for "autocomplete-history-dropmarker". After removing of the paddings and margins, I got what I want.

Thanks Kyods again!
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Anyone know if there are plans to update this new default theme? It has been talked about, but are there any actual plans or prototypes? Has the theme writer said anything to confirm this? Is there an active bug to update this theme (skin?)? If so, could someone list the link? Maybe there is a thread somewhere with suggestions for updates. Anyone have a link?

Thanks.
scratch

Post by scratch »

read the thread before replying. yes, the author has stated that this is an early beta release of the theme and just about everything will change.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

scratch wrote:read the thread before replying. yes, the author has stated that this is an early beta release of the theme and just about everything will change.

Like I said, it has been talked about, but are there any specifics? I'm not going to go back through 16 pages.

P.S. Is there any way to change the number of posts per page?
scratch

Post by scratch »

the only specifics are that Kevin said it is going to be done. other than that, we just have to wait and see what he comes up with. There's not a real reason to make plans or prototypes when it's just as easy to change the actual theme.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

scratch wrote:the only specifics are that Kevin said it is going to be done. other than that, we just have to wait and see what he comes up with. There's not a real reason to make plans or prototypes when it's just as easy to change the actual theme.

So there is no open bug or any sort of feedback process for suggestions and so forth?
ceeneel

"tab X" extension is not working with this theme

Post by ceeneel »

"tab X" extension is not working with this theme
scratch

Post by scratch »

the other thread (constructive criticism) is the feedback process. i don't believe there's an open bug.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

scratch wrote:the other thread (constructive criticism) is the feedback process. i don't believe there's an open bug.

What other thread? SHOULD there be a bug where people can submit changes to the theme?
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »

SHOULD there be a bug where people can submit changes to the theme?

You mean an open source theme? Graphics design doesn't work under the open-source ideology.
What other thread?

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=82732
fixxxer

Post by fixxxer »

does anyone know if anyone has created a version of this that will work with Firefox 0.9.1??

I love this theme and I want it back!!!
Thumper's Evil Twin

Post by Thumper's Evil Twin »

hao2lian wrote:
SHOULD there be a bug where people can submit changes to the theme?

You mean an open source theme? Graphics design doesn't work under the open-source ideology.

Yes they do. Or they should. Which is the whole point of having a tri-licensed default theme.

- Chris
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »

I'm more referring to how you set up a code base using CVS, file bugs on the code, get lots of people to checkin fixes, write testcases, et cetera.