Aluminium Kai

Discuss application theming and theme development.
Havin_it

Post by Havin_it »

Frank, just a wee observation about the screenshot you posted up top. I agree it looks much better with the statusbar sharing the background, but the darkness at the left end does make the text a bit of a challenge for my poor old bent eyes. Perhaps the gradient should be lightened a bit?

I fully deserve and expect - nay demand - to be roundly ridiculed for this post.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Havin_it wrote:Frank, just a wee observation about the screenshot you posted up top. I agree it looks much better with the statusbar sharing the background, but the darkness at the left end does make the text a bit of a challenge for my poor old bent eyes. Perhaps the gradient should be lightened a bit?

I fully deserve and expect - nay demand - to be roundly ridiculed for this post.

No, not at all, you are quite right.

Priorities change with the areas concerned. In this area, the background takes priority over the text, so I will do a final adjustment to the text colour here (light grey?) or I could make it have it's own background, etc, etc.

In another area, say, the menus, the priority reverses. That's why, if you look at the menus in ML2, the gradient background is very precisely positioned not to obscure the text. Incidentally, this why you could never use those grads in a TBird version - because you could no longer predict where the text will fall.

Seriously, don't worry, you'll love it. I've done this stuff before. :P
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Havin_it

Post by Havin_it »

Frank Lion wrote:Seriously, don't worry, you'll love it. I've done this stuff before. :P

lol I know, but now you're working on a theme I care about :P

I also do hope that when 'reborn' the theme will reflect the title of this thread (and the author's heritage) and do away with that ridiculous Americanised spelling. It's only right, as a son of The Glorious Empire upon which the Sun will never set (as long as we hold onto Pitcairn and the Falklands), to take the fiery sword of linguistic orthodoxy to our wayward colonies.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Please now, use this thread : http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 36#2593136

Frank :)

/..lock request put in.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
RAF

Post by RAF »

Locking on OP's request.