Aluminium Kai 2.

Discuss application theming and theme development.
Cato62

Post by Cato62 »

Frank Lion wrote:
Cato62 wrote:... I'm not seeing a top loading / reloading button on the main toolbar.

Hi Cato :) I'll be honest, I don't understand the question! Perhaps you could elaborate?

Feel free to delete your posts off the other thread - it's not your fault, I'm probably about the only person that works like this. But the Theme forum is where I prefer my stuff to be. If I start answering questions on that other thread then the world and his wife will be in there, haha.

When I installed the newest version 1.8.2, it seems to be missing the stop button on the main toolbar. The buttons were positioned "back", "forward", "reload", "stop", and "home". There is no "stop" button on the toolbar. Is this just me? Sorry for not wording it correctly in my previous post. I meant "stop" in my previous post. I must have missed the "s" key. :oops: It's been a long week.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I found the issue. Solved the problem. Sorry to have troubled you. :)
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul." ~ Heraclites, 500 B.C.

The Blood Series: BloodFire, BloodFire 3, BloodThunder, BloodSun, & BloodSong
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Gab38 wrote:... Your last release is great !

Thanks, we're not there yet...but getting there. When you see it go from v.1.8xxx to v.2.0, it will be just about done. :P

@Cato, no problem. :) ...stuff does get checked by betatesters before it goes out, you know, haha..

@All peeps - I'll finish out the version details, some other time. Damn stuff takes longer to write than to do!

Here's a good wheeze, that I just did :

That's the AK2 Searchbar in Firefox 1.5!...don't normally see that green round end there, do you?

How? use this, in userChrome BELOW namespace :

Code: Select all

/*.....Frank's Matching Round Ended Searchbar for AK2 in Firefox 1.5 ONLY!!!!...*/
.searchbar-textbox .autocomplete-history-dropmarker {
  list-style-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/icons/urlbarend-hov.png") !important;
  -moz-margin-start: 6px;
  -moz-margin-end: -6px;
}

Done. In theory I could put that on Addons, but in practise, you lose the will to live after so many times of hearing that you 'have to be a computer programmer!!!' to find your profile, etc, etc....so, I won't bother. Yet again, Joe Public shoots him/herself in the foot. :P

This combined Stop/Reload fix is an important one, loads of people use it and it just has never worked in AK (it's because it was a graphics related problem, not a code one). Maybe, you might see this fix popping up in other 'themes' soon...whatever..

To try it yourself - seriously, it's good, you don't actually need an extension, just use this in userChrome.css BELOW the namespace, paying special attention to what I wrote on the first line and move your buttons about in Cust. window mode, if required :

Code: Select all

/*............Frank's Combined Stop/Reload....Stop goes to LEFT of Reload without any Spaces inbetween!!!........*/
#stop-button[disabled="true"] { display:none; }
#stop-button:not([disabled]) + #reload-button { display:none; }

...and that's it. Oh, ....the tabs in 1.5 now have throbbers showing on reload - well, they do on mine, haha

Frank :)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
JD-2

Post by JD-2 »

Frank Lion wrote:Statusbar extensions and messages text background position and margins adjustment and border added.

I really like this theme (particularly its pleasantly darker colors) and I'm wondering what I need to do remove the above addition to the theme. I use the FoxClocks extension and I need the different colored text to easily differentiate between locales (plus, I just don't like the yellow border :oops:). Any help on this would be deeply appreciated. Please?
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

JD­ wrote:and I'm wondering what I need to do remove the above addition to the theme. I use the FoxClocks extension and I need the different colored text to...

Go back to version 1.8? Never heard of Foxy Clocks ext, so probably best to ask them on that one.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
searchlight4759

Pop-Up Blocked Icon

Post by searchlight4759 »

Just a friendly fyi Frank, that after using the revised pop-up blocked icon, it seems that the dark purple color seems to overwhelm the "x" that you inserted wihin it.

A better suggestion would be whether you could change it to a very light green with the "x" inside.

I think with this icon color combination, a pop-up blocked would stand out even better.

Not that I am complaining 'cause I appreciate your efforts but only a further suggestion.

Marc
Frank Lion

Re: Pop-Up Blocked Icon

Post by Frank Lion »

searchlight4759 wrote:A better suggestion would be whether you could change it to a very light green with the "x" inside.

I think with this icon color combination, a pop-up blocked would stand out even better.

Hi Marc, many thanks, I'll bear that in mind. However, many people rely on the notification bar that comes up just below the tab bar for popup notification....which is why I didn't want this icon to stand out any more than it does. :P

Thanks for the thought,

Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

New Version Release :

Aluminium Kai 2 version 1.8.2 for Firefox 1.5 - 2.0

Minor Update**

Fixes for version 1.8.4

1. Forecast Fox 0.7 series (Weather.com versions) - icons backgrounds now transparent when on Statusbar.
2. Active Tab postioning bug fix.
3. Resize Searchbar extension - toolbar image removed, extension still fully operational.
4. Reloading throbbers on Tabs now fixed for Firefox 1.5 users.

Known Issue - when using Firefox 1.5 ONLY, initial tab not displaying - - until a full fix in place, please use TWO homepages! Odd, but it works!...or use Tab Mix Plus extension....or upgrade to Firefox 2.

Aluminium Kai 2 v1.8.4

Not the most exciting update that I've ever seen, but there were some loose ends that I wanted to tidy up before Christmas. Around the New Year, there will be at least one Major Update, which will improve a good few areas. Nothing to worry about though, it ain't going orange or anything, haha...all good stuff coming. :)

anderson1mike

Aluminum Kai 2 download problem

Post by anderson1mike »

Hi,

I sure like the look of this theme, but seem to be having trouble getting it to be active. I've downloaded it several times, and it restarts Firefox with the original theme each time.

Is there something else that I need to do?

Thanks, Mike
Frank Lion

Re: Aluminum Kai 2 download problem

Post by Frank Lion »

anderson1mike wrote:Hi,

I sure like the look of this theme, but seem to be having trouble getting it to be active. I've downloaded it several times, and it restarts Firefox with the original theme each time.

Is there something else that I need to do?

Thanks, Mike

Hi Mike, yeah, if you just go to Tools>Addons>Themes and click on AK2 and select 'Use Theme' and then restart Firefox, you should be good to go.

anderson1mike

AK2

Post by anderson1mike »

Hi again, thanks for the quick response.

That's what I was doing, with no result. I just tried to load it again and I now can't log on to the Mozilla add ons page. I've been trying for awhile. Maybe there is a problem there. I'll try again over the next few days.

The problem only exists with that page, so I don't think it's a local problem.

Mike
searchlight4759

Post by searchlight4759 »

Happy Holidays and New Year Frank:) !

I was wondering Frank, if it is possible to change the overall default color of AK2, as an option, to a light blue to match my XP Royale or XP color scheme.

In other words, I would like to keep the default color of the theme but have a way to change it to match my Royale or standard XP blue theme.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks, and if no, no problem as I will still keeping using AK2 as it is anyway!

Marc
anderson1mike

Post by anderson1mike »

Hi,

Just wondering if you were back from Holiday. I hope it was a pleasant break from the norm!

I still can't seem to get AK2 to load up properly. I've downloaded as you suggested, several times. Elsewhere in Mozzilazine I saw that if there were problems to delete three extension files and another one, -xbs or something, it's been awhile now, I'm not sure if that is the name of the file. I deleted the three, but wasn't able to fine the other.

At any rate, I'd sure like to use this and would welcome your additional ideas.

Thanks, Mike
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

anderson1mike wrote:Hi,

Just wondering if you were back from Holiday. I hope it was a pleasant break from the norm!

I still can't seem to get AK2 to load up properly. I've downloaded as you suggested, several times. Elsewhere in Mozzilazine I saw that if there were problems to delete three extension files and another one, -xbs or something, it's been awhile now, I'm not sure if that is the name of the file. I deleted the three, but wasn't able to fine the other.

At any rate, I'd sure like to use this and would welcome your additional ideas.

Thanks, Mike

Hi Mike, yep, back now and a very pleasant break, thanks. :)

From your post, I can see that you know where your profile folder is. For other people, this : https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/545/ is a very simple extension for just that one important job.

Mike, try this for me :

1. With Firefox closed, delete the following files in your profile : extensions .rdf, extensions.cache and (if it's there) extensions.ini

2. In your profile folder, there is a sub folder called 'extensions'. Delete from there the folder named {a45e6b3a-725d-4b20-afde-e7486bfe317c} and any folder called 'Staged xpis' or similar name.

3. Restart Firefox and re-download AK2, restart, then select AK2 in Addons Manager and click 'Use Theme' and restart.

Please then report back with result. if necessary, there are other simple steps that I can do to fix this. It's a fairly rare problem, but one caused mainly by a faulty download.

@ Hi Marc, good to see you again.

No immediate plans for a different colour version of AK2. But, I'll bear it in mind. Thanks.

himagain

download screen background removal

Post by himagain »

Hello Frank,
Congratulations on ALL your good work and thank you.
I really like your Aluminium Kai 2 1.84

One small thing - the background pic of bamboo in the download screen makes it very difficult to read the data for me with my eyes. Can I remove it at my end easily?
And if so, I don't suppose it would be any harder to change the default headers text to yellow ???? :roll:

Cheers!
And a Happy and prosperous 2007 to you.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Hi himagain,

Yes, I had a tricky decision to make there. What I did was to pin the bamboo pic to the right hand side of the Downloads Window, in the centre. As this window can be resized in any direction (drag in bottom right corner) you should be able move the pic out of the way, visibility-wise.

This was one of those 'artistic decision' type of things, haha. Let me know if that helps or not.